Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70T - Headphone for device connected through HDMI port?

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 06:48 PM)
JST68
First Poster
Options

I have just bought an HW-Q70T and I really like it so far. My TV is connected to the HDMI-ARC and DTS-X sound works great. I also have an XBox One X that can produce Dolby Atmos. Initially, I had connected it to my TV, but then I found that the TV is not doing a good job on passthrough and so there was no Dolby Atmos coming through. So, I connected the XBox to the HDMI connector of the HW-Q70T and Dolby Atmos started working right away.

Now, I just have one problem. I was somehow expecting that the HW-Q70T would passthrough audio from the XBox back to my TV so that I can use my headphone connected to the TV. Sadly, this is not working and so I can no longer use my headset for the XBox.

Is this a firmware bug or is it normal behavior? Any workarounds? The TV is an older Sony Bravia which is likely causing the issue of not passing Dolby Atmos over HDMI-ARC, but it seems overkill to replace the TV to get the headphone working again... I guess my only option might be to purchase a headphone for the XBox, right?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

Yes or you. Hmage the signal back from atmos to something your tv understands 

0 Likes
JST68
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply!

Are you saying that the HW-Q70T normally passes audio coming in on it's HDMI port back to a TV connected to the HDMI-ARC port? I have already tried switching the output from the XBox to standard stereo, but still no sound on the TV connected to the HW-Q70T.

Just to clarify: You are saying that the HW-Q70T is doing passthrough from HDMI to HDMI-ARC by default?

0 Likes
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

no i’m saIng go directly to your TV with your xbox without having Armos or buy a headphone for it ... there is no other way... i bought a new TV and have atmos now but a sound delay problem as a lot people have...

0 Likes