Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R Not Working

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 12:41 PM)
Ralex9999
Student
Options

Hello,

My HW-Q70R stopped working a few days back and i don't know what to do. Up until now everything was running fine.

It is connected to Samsung Q7 TV via HDMI ARC, started with the TV, can be controlled from TV, everything fine.

I have connected via the HDMI input in soundbar a minix box, and everything was fine, DTS:X, atmos, etc 

Now with the new firmware update 1010.5 done automatically via Smarthings i have the following issues:

- It starts ok, works for 2-3 minutes and than everything halts - not responding from remote control, not from tv, the sound continues at the same level, but i have no control over the soundbar.

So i have to unplugged from the mains, leave it for few minutes, afterward plugged back to mains, and the scenario repeats itself, 2-3 minutes ok and after halts.

What is strange is that the sound continues to work if i get the chance in the first 2-3 minutes to connect it to ARC and the volume i can change via Smarthings app, but with 10-20 seconds delay between the app and the soundbar.

I tried the procedure to update (or in my mind rewrite) the firmware via the USB procedure but nothing happens. On the usb thumb i get an empty file with device_id ... 

Anyone with similar problems ? Any ideeas what might be and how to solve it ?

Thank you!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ralex9999
Student
Options

Problem solved with a trip to service. They have change the mainboar and the network board.

Just my luck, bought this in April and June such major defect.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Ralex9999
Student
Options

Problem solved with a trip to service. They have change the mainboar and the network board.

Just my luck, bought this in April and June such major defect.