Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q70R not connected to Wi-Fi in standby

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 02:20 PM)
LoriBru
Student
Options

Hi I have HW-Q70R and everything was working fine until a week ago.

Since last week instead the bar is not detectable via Wifi anymore when in standby. This means that I am not able to power up the bar from my SmartThings app, nor from Spotify from my smartphore/PC.
This is very annoying since everytime I need to use the remote to turn it on.

Once it powers up it takes a while untile "Wifi connected" is shown on the soundbar and then I am able to use it from my smartphone.

I already tried to unplug the bar a lot of times and I already tried to repair the soundbar from the SmartThings app.

Any suggestion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LoriBru
Student
Options

I managed to fix the issue after resetting to factory settings and then restarting the setup procedure with Smart Things.
The crazy thing is that on the manual it is not explained how to restore the device. I had to follow this bad video : https://youtu.be/KJCgbCK3E9A

Thank you Samsung for the zero support!

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
aurelio26
Student
Options

Hi,

Same here and it's really annoying when you turn on Spotify to send sound on bar! You have to turn on manually and It take sometimes more than one minute fort Spotify to discover & connect to the bar..

It worked perfectly two months ago for me, a firmware change ? I got the last one from November 2020, updates with USB, I tought it would résolve this issue, but not.

If  a samsung staff could provide some solution to keep wifi connected when bar is on standby 

Thank you

0 Likes
Solution
LoriBru
Student
Options

I managed to fix the issue after resetting to factory settings and then restarting the setup procedure with Smart Things.
The crazy thing is that on the manual it is not explained how to restore the device. I had to follow this bad video : https://youtu.be/KJCgbCK3E9A

Thank you Samsung for the zero support!

aurelio26
Student
Options

Many thanks, not in product guide and strange solution but it works now thank you for shared this

0 Likes