Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-N950 soundbar, Anynet+ stopped working

(Topic created on: 31-07-2019 04:22 PM)
Juanlo
Apprentice
Options

I've been using this soundbar for 7 months, together with a 4K Samsung UE55JS8000 tv. They are connected with an HDMI cable via Anynet+, and it had been working perfectly since day 1 until a couple of days ago. When I switched on the soundbar, like I always do, the TV didn't change automatically to HDMI audio like it did before, so I manually changed to HDMI receiver from my TV menu. The TV muted, a message appeared saying "connecting to Anynet+ receiver", but I got no sound from the soundbar. I switched inputs from the soundbar remote and I noticed that D. IN didn't change to TV ARC like it did before. I could switch to D.IN, WIFI, BT, HDMI1 and HDMI2 only.

Spent 2 days trying to troubleshoot the problem, I did all this:

- Got sure that I'm using HDMI4 on my TV (the one with ARC support).

- Disabled and enabled Anynet+ on the TV.

- Disabled and enabled Anynet+ on the soundbar (right on the remote for 5 seconds).

- Tried 4 or 5 different HDMI cables.

- Went to detect Anynet+ devices from the TV menu. If Anynet+ is enabled, it detects a "receiver", as well as my other HDMI devices. With Anynet+ disabled, it detects nothing at all. Anyway, when I choose Receiver (HDMI) on the TV, I get no sound.

- Unplugged my other HDMI devices from the soundbar inputs (NVIDIA Shield and Panasonic UHD player).

Both the Shield and the UHD player still work perfectly with the soundbar and the TV, the audio tracks are decoded (Dolby Atmos works fine) and the picture is sent to the TV, so the only problem is that I can't send audio from the TV to the soundbar using ARC, and it has been working fine for months. By the way, the soundbar connects fine to the TV using WIFI, but it loses the CEC functionality, so I would like to know what can I do to get ARC back.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Juanlo
Apprentice
Options

If anyone still cares, I went on holidays for a week and unplugged everything. After coming back and plugging both the soundbar and the TV again, it started working normally.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Juanlo
Apprentice
Options

If anyone still cares, I went on holidays for a week and unplugged everything. After coming back and plugging both the soundbar and the TV again, it started working normally.

0 Likes
Arjen3
First Poster
Options

Hi, is all still working fine? I've got exactly the same problem. But i'm not going on an holiday 😄, so I won't switch everything off for a couple of days

0 Likes
Juanlo
Apprentice
Options

Yep, still working fine, no problems so far.

0 Likes