Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD subtitles out of sync on UBD-M9000

(Topic created on: 20-11-2018 12:57 PM)
baz-r
First Poster
Options

i have this recuring issue while watching DVD titles in my UBD-M9000 

the subtitls will be 10-15min out of sync?  its on the latest firrmware already (1111.4) and samsung support phone support say to keep factory resetting it everytime? its a pain re seting it all up.

i have found turning it off and holding the power button until the power LED flashes red/green gets my subtitals back in the right point but as soon as i watch anothe movie (DVD) its back i have no idea if i have the same issue on BD discs.

i cant find my proof of perchase to return it for repair  or refund 😞

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Lorenzo1996
First Poster
Options

Hi. Have you fixed the issue? I have the same problem on my UBD-M9500 player and I don't know how to solve it

0 Likes
stlen
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same issue on my player with many DVD movies.

This player is very buggy and I'm very disappointed. I'm planning to buy a model from another brand (Sony or Panasonic)

My previous blu ray player (not 4K) is a Sony and I never had a problem playing a DVD or blu ray. I'm still using it to play DVD that are not working on the Samsung.

0 Likes
baz-r
First Poster
Options

Issue was never acknowledged or resolved with samsung support as always blamed and blamed something out of their control (discs) funny how they managed to work fine in a different player 

0 Likes
baz-r
First Poster
Options

has anyone ever found any solution to this?  i have gone to ver 1113.3 of the firmware but still having problems with pretty much all of my dvd titles. when watching titles in English  all my star wars dvds and most of my other collection like Anchor-man where you get subtitles for foreign, alien or animals speech its showing on screen 10-15 minutes behind the picture and audio of the movie.

very annoying and at a £200-250 Blu-ray player seems to have so many bugs and i have read that other users and similar models also have the problem.

only support i have managed to get out of Samsung is reboot it, factory reset (set it all back up) and update firmware with no effect. surely its down to a problem in the coding where its not picking up the correct sync for the subtitle file off the same disc.

is there anyone @ Samsung reading this that can help as i believe I'm not the only one with this problem?

0 Likes