Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 05:45 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Konador
Apprentice
Options

I've never heard of Doorloop, how do I enable that?

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

I don’t think I have ‘door loop’ on my Samsung Q80T. 

0 Likes
Chojiin
Apprentice
Options

Doorloop is Dutch for "Passthrough". If you look closely, his language is set to Dutch...

0 Likes
Chojiin
Apprentice
Options

In addition to this, my Passthrough option is greyed out on my Q80T. I'm unable to select it.

0 Likes
chrisgnr
First Poster
Options

Add me to the list, unfortunately. (Edit: US user here. Didn't realize this was a EU Samsung forum. I stumbled across this topic via Google searchihg.)

Samsung Q90t connected to Xbox Series X with HDMI2.1.

Denon AVR-S750H connected to TV via HDMI eARC.

No sync issues on my cable box (connected to TV with HDMI). TV audio is set to pass-through and hdmi eARC mode on auto.

Unfortunately, Xbox has no pass-through setting. The only thing I can set it on to not receive audio delay/lag is "stereo." If I try to use uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1, it says my receiver is not compatible (it is). If I use bitstream Dolby Audio, there is huge audio delay in my games.

I'm at my wit's end. Right now my receiver takes the Xbox stereo signal and will "upconvert" and play it on all of my speakers. But I want to be able to use true surround sound without delay. I wish it would let me send uncompressed signal and let my receiver do the work. It's madness.

The issue appears to be with the Xbox and not the TV.

0 Likes
Pm32
Journeyman
Options

Yes, same with me but after updating the firmware it changed, now I can see it and it works great. 

0 Likes
Pm32
Journeyman
Options

Solved it.

Updating the soundbar HW-70T, firmware version 1017.5 Plug-in version 3.1.32

My setup is like this:

Soundbar -> Samsung TV in HDMI eARC port  

Xbox-> samsung TV in HDMI game port 

Settings> sound > expert settings 

Digital output audio format : pass-through 

Briarback
Student
Options

It's not the Xbox. It's the same on PS4 Pro when Dolby and DTS is selected. It seems it works for some people who are using Samsung soundbars. And Samsung will eventually say that they can't guarantee anything for non Samsung products.... Which is BS ofc. I have a Sonos Arc, and the Sonos Arc works flawlessly on LG TV's when using Dolby and Dolby Atmos.

This was the last time I bought a Samsung TV. 

0 Likes
Chojiin
Apprentice
Options

So what about everyone else who doesn't have a Samsung Soundbar? We're basically shafted?

0 Likes
Kevin543
First Poster
Options

Samsung 2018 Q6FN TV here with 2019 Q70 Soundbar.  Xbox Series X > HDMI > TV > HDMI ARC > Soundbar Both are running the latest firmware and I’m still having a huge audio delay.  Nothing has been resolved on this end unfortunately, so more patches need to be done on someone’s end.

0 Likes