Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 13-10-2021 02:53 AM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Stockdogg
Apprentice
Options

Well *****!! At least they were honest. I sent them an email last night too. That “back in time” thing does make sense and I can have wondered that myself…like “how does adding another device going to make it faster?” 
  Thanks for the reply. Sounds like Xbox is as much to blame. 

0 Likes
keithfkelly
Journeyman
Options

No, the audio out of the eARC port is not delayed the way you are worried about.  Yes, the SHARC completely fixes (works around) the audio lag problem.  I own a SHARC and used it with the Q90T (which I eventually returned for a complete refund) and now with my Vizio 4K LCD (which I'm infinitely happier with).

0 Likes
Konador
Apprentice
Options

How did you manage to get a refund? I've been trying for almost a year with my Q80T and Samsung refuse to acknowledge that it's an issue. They say it's working as intended which is BS. Currently going through the process of Consumer Rights act and my next step is legal action.

0 Likes
PvdHeuvel
Journeyman
Options

I tried to get a refund for my year old tv. But no luck 😢 Samsung told me they can’t fix the problem and I could buy a new tv with a discount. But the discount was to little. So I need to learn to live with it. Too bad. 

0 Likes
EderTenorio
Apprentice
Options

Well, prepare for you next step, the legal action and god luck for you....  Sansung say: "q80t is from 2020 Samsung will never fix it. NOW have q80a from 2021... buy a new one q80a and you give the fix." 

0 Likes
airlung
Apprentice
Options

Thx for the info but given that The Sharc customer support told me that the device is not going to able to fix the audio delay…. U sure it will work? I will take the chance buying it since the delay drives me nuts! 

0 Likes
keithfkelly
Journeyman
Options

Yes, because I bought, own, and use one for exactly this reason.

0 Likes
airlung
Apprentice
Options

Just got some good news for q90r user! There is a leaked firmware that add earc to the q90r, check it out?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-q90r-qled-owners-and-discussion-thread.2218729/page-447

Stockdogg
Apprentice
Options

Right on, man. How does this work again? Using an extra hdmi to send audio only?

0 Likes
airlung
Apprentice
Options

It adds earc, use a hdmi cable to the hdmi #3 in ur TV and connect it to the earc port in ur soundbar/AVR to get loudness audio! Don’t know if it is supported to all 2019 models or just the q90r, don’t know if it will fix the audio delay yet, all I know is good news  that there is some progression after waiting for 2yrs!

0 Likes