Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it impossible to get a faulty duo charger replaced under warranty

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 03:28 PM)
markrock
First Poster
Options
I have spent two weeks on daily telephone conversations trying to get my faulty duo charger replaced. I bought it from samsung uk online less than 12 months ago and every phone call ends in the representative telling me that I have had it longer than 28 days and that the 28 day policy over rules uk law on faulty goods. I am told if I want a charger I have to buy a new one.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Samsung warranty info!. 12 months for chargers as long as there is no damage to them. Hope this helps
0 Likes
TrisM
Apprentice
Options

Same issue, both mine faulty after 40 days. Got anywhere with them? Store confused about 21 day return policy and warranty return. Spoke to warranty, they only have facility to return chargers in box with device. Spent endless hours like you and got nowhere.

0 Likes
Ben E
First Poster
Options

Just a heads up, if a manufacturer such as Samsung is selling goods directly in the UK, they MUST uphold the terms of the sales of goods act. They cannot overrule it.

It's different if you order them from outside of the company and have them shipped in.

There is no policy or contract that can, regardless of wording deny you statutory rights. Any that do are by definition illegal.

Also any refurbished items that may be provided under said manufacturers warranty come with an obligatory further 6 months, from date of receipt warranty.

So if after 11 months, you get a refurbished replacement, your warranty now extends past the 12 months. This is also unavoidable and can run indefinitely should further replacements be issued during any of these extended periods, but manufacturers will rarely make people aware, least of all their customer service reps.

0 Likes
markrock
First Poster
Options
It made no difference they didn't back down or replace it. They just downright refused. I got in touch with trading standards who told me that after 6 months they too were being ignored.
0 Likes