Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen protector

(Topic created on: 28-07-2017 01:51 PM)
andrea751
First Poster
Options

which is the best screen protector 2 go on a Samsung s8+ as I've had 3 on mine and they won't stay on 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They won't typically stay on if it's the glass ones your trying @andrea751 because the silicone / adhesive is on the sides and sometimes on the top and bottom too of the protector which means none on the main part of the Protector. This is due to the curves of the screen.  This can mean they pop off and it can be trial and error to get a case that is friendly with the protector. 

There is one that that a person sits the phone into a bundled cradle and a tube of glue comes with it and empties into the middle of the screen.

Then the glass Tempered screen shield is fitted and the glue disperses under it, and then a ultra violet light that comes bundled with the kit sits over the phone to cure the glue. Some say it's good but others say it's not so good. It's not so cheap either !

After trying all sorts of Tempered Glass Protectors on my s7 edge and s8 I now use the Official Samsung Film version Screen Protector that doesn't feel plasticky and does very well. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Scotty
Explorer
Options

@andrea751,

This is actually quite a difficult one as curved screen phones mean that even if you manage to find a well-sticking screen protector for your phone it can still be peeled up or scuffed by your thumbs when dragging or sliding the screen from either side.

Also you will likely find that there aren't too many cases you can fit on the back/sides of the phone that don't push back up against any glass screen protectors and pop them off the screen that way, I have a decent Tech21 case on my S8+ but no screen protector as a result. I would advise either a combination of a standard film-type screen protector with a case or a good glass screen protector such as Zagg but without a case. IMO probably the first is better all round but entirely up to you of course...

Scotty