Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Smart Tag Audible notification

(Topic created on: 08-05-2023 07:49 AM)
hasan_dubais
Student
Options

Experts,

I have a Smart Tag attached to my keys and "Notify when left behind" is on and it is working.

But it is not noticeable! because my phone is always on vibrate mode.

I want something similar to my wake up alarms, even though my phone is on vibrate mode, I still get an audible loud notification to force me to wake up.

When I forget my keys at home , get in my car and put my phone on the passenger seat, a simple vibrate with a pop up notification like other not so important apps notifications wont do the job!!. I need something to override the vibrate mode and really ALARM me that I left my keys behind !!

Is there a way/settings to do this without switching to "Sound" mode!!

regards,

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options

Actually there is. You have to create an automatic routine through modes and routines. For “if”, select “notification received” from smart things. For “then” set the “sound mode and volume” as you wish. If you want to change the sound of the notification, go to smarthings app settings from device settings. Go to notifications,  notification categories and so on.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Try this...

There also might be a way by making a 'routine' but I'm pretty sure you can have certain apps alert even in silent modeScreenshot_20230508_082427_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20230508_081608_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230508_081648_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
hasan_dubais
Student
Options

Thanks GusB, followed your snapshots, but that did not work

0 Likes
Solution
Options

Actually there is. You have to create an automatic routine through modes and routines. For “if”, select “notification received” from smart things. For “then” set the “sound mode and volume” as you wish. If you want to change the sound of the notification, go to smarthings app settings from device settings. Go to notifications,  notification categories and so on.

hasan_dubais
Student
Options

@Galaxy Sri Lanka  That worked perfectly,  1000 thanks.

The only thing missing is how to switch my phone back to vibrate mode directly after notifying me with a sound. I tried to include a second action in my routine, but it wont allow me to add the same action (Sound mode and volume) twice!!

I also tried to create a second routine that will be similar to the first one , but it will wait 5 seconds before switching my phone to vibrate, but it complained that the same condition is being used by the first routine !!

0 Likes