Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung/AKG Y600NC Disassembly

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 10:38 PM)
pbargiona
First Poster
Options

I've been having troubles with a bad power switch in my AKG Y600NC, that is manufactured by Samsung and its subsidiaries Harman and AKG.

I couldn't find any online info about this model, like a disassembly tutorial, manual, or video.

Can someone share some experience with repairing this model?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @pbargiona,

Disassembly instructions of a product aren't permitted on the official Samsung Community: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-policy-on-dangerous-diy-unorthodox-rep... 

But I'd be interested in hearing in the thread from anyone else out there who's had similar troubles as you, and whether they fixed it through an official Support/repair route or another way.

Which country are you based in? And have you been in touch with Samsung Support where you are to see what they can do for you?

0 Likes
pbargiona
First Poster
Options

I'm in Brazil.

I've reached out with AKG Support (provided by Harman International). They told me to contact JBL Brasil (provided by Harman do Brasil). These ones, on the other hand, told me to contact Samsung do Brasil. I'm still waiting for them to answer.

I don't think opening a Headphone and cleaning dust can be considered unorthodox or dangerous in any way shape or form.

0 Likes
pbargiona
First Poster
Options

Update: Samsung do Brasil replied with a bunch of "God bless you" and asking whether I'd acquired the headphones in Brazil. I clarified and am waiting for an answer.

The power switch is now completely loose and won't trigger the internal mechanism at all. The headphone is as good as dead now. No one seem keen to help.

0 Likes
pbargiona
First Poster
Options

Yet another update: Samsung do Brasil said I should seek for warranty support; I never asked for warranty coverage, since this headphone is 2 years old.

Once more, Samsung post-sale support is lacking.

0 Likes
pbargiona
First Poster
Options

After exchanging more than 10 e-mails with Samsung, AKG, Harman etc, no solution was offered, but they denied everything they possibly could and some they even could not.

I'm disappointed.

0 Likes