Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Smart tag is not working

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 09:48 AM)
Bstoel
First Poster
Options

I received a galaxy smarttag free in a Samsung promotion, but it doesn't work. I followed the suggestion in "Smart Things" app which said to reset it by opening it, resetting the battery while holding the button, but it didn't make a noise. I tried another CR2032 battery but still nothing. 

24 REPLIES 24
Members_ij0hgmO
First Poster
Options

I had the same with a Samsung S7, I reset the tag and all ok now.

Remove battery > hold button > replace battery > device beeped and all ok

0 Likes
Members_ASTY8Nj
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot,replaced my first because it was low battery only for this new battery to say the same thing after a couple of hours of buying, it wouldn't respond.

Tried your method and it worked so cheers for that you've saved me more money I didn't need to spend

0 Likes
sgtm7
First Poster
Options

I did the same thing.  It worked at first, but after a few days, same problem.   It is the tag itself that is the issue.  I am using two tags now.  One in my wallet, and one on my keys.   The one for my wallet is always good and connected.   The one for my keys always says "connecting".   I actually bought for of them, so I will just delete it and replace with a different one.

0 Likes
Handler001
First Poster
Options
*FIX* I disconnected my Smart tags and then tried to reconnect them as they had stopped working. I followed the steps to reset tag by taking battery out, holding button and replacing battery then ran through the reconnect process. The tags kept failing giving error code 85-001. If you are getting this code then you need to
1. Go into your WiFi settings on your phone.
2. Click on three dots top right and go to advanced.
3. Sync with Samsung Cloud... make sure this is on.

Then reset tag and it should link.
Members_THBxglJ
First Poster
Options

As I couldn'r register the tag I can't delete it ans this does not work for me and many others.  It resets and makes the noise but half way through it says it is not conected to Blue tooth.  I did 3 in one day and one 1 would not work. 

1. Open the battery cover on the device and remove the battery
2. Press the button on the center of the device
3. While still holding the button down, reinsert the battery
a. If the device makes a sound right after inserting the battery, try these steps again
4. Hold the button for five (5) seconds, then release
5. Replace the battery cover and the device should now be reset.

0 Likes