Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot write or delete data on my Micro SD Card

(Topic created on: 24-09-2017 04:46 PM)
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

Hi

I have just updated my phone to a Galaxy A5 and am using an external Micro SD Card to hold my personal data (images, Documents etc).

I use Micro SD Cards in my Samsung Tablets and other Samsung Mobile Phones without any problems but for some reason I am unable to write or delete data to and fom the Micro SD Card in my new phone.

I have tried every possible way I know to remove the Security Lock (if that is what is causing this) without success.  Can any one tell me where the problem might lay and how to rectify this so I may add, remove and rename files on the card.

Eric

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @EricG-38

As a process of elimination I’d try the Sd card in another phone and another Sd card in your phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately I don't have another phone to try it with neither do I have another MicroSD Card to try in my new phone.

The data that was on the card from my previous phone is still there and was accessible on my new phone.  I could also look at everything on it without any problem.  Because the data was out-of-date I formatted the card in my new phone and then transferred up-to-date data onto it but using my Laptop with the card in an Micro SD Adaptor, making sure that the lock switch was off.  The new data is readable on my phone and also within Windows when I connect the phone via the USB Cord.

I am confident that everything is working OK but think that somewhere on my phone, be it an app or the system, that is locking this card to read only but am unable to find it.

I might add that my wife has an identical phone and Micro SD Card fitted and that works fine.  Both Cards are the same type and size and are Samsung brands.

Having to take the card out of my phone to change anything on it is tedious to say tyhe least so I really do need to know how to change this read only setting.

0 Likes
Solution
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

Despite what I said earlier, and despite the card working in my previous mobile phone it seems it won't work properly in my new one.

I have obtained a new Micro SD Card and everything now seems to be as it should.

0 Likes
kaveenme
Student
Options

Galaxy M10 also have this issue and it is missing "allow to write on sd card" in its settings and it prevents device from writing content on SD cards, which are working flawlessly in other devices. (but it can read content on sd card).
cannot use sd card as default storage for camera neither i'm able to move captured photos to sd card.
(sd card Kingston 32gb class10, which works flawlessly on Xperia Xa Ultra, energizer mobile and acer switch 10)

0 Likes