Go to solution Solved

2FA pop up doesn't allow me to login to samsung account

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 02:29 AM)
Jayw555
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

I've searched the web and I don't find anyone else having this issue,

When I attempt to log into my samsung account (Galaxy S10), this problem happens:

1. I input my account email & password (successful)

2. It asks me to agree to the terms and conditions (okay)

3. It asks me to enter my 2fa code, this popup then dissapears because it's disrupted by my 2FA screen giving my code. I then don't get to go back to the popup that allows me to enter this code! So I never get to enter my 2FA and login. (I go back to samsung login and it asks me to enter my email & password, the whole cycle happens again and I never get to enter 2FA and log in..)

Any one have any solutions to this? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jayw555
Apprentice
Options

Okay I just went to the Samsung 'Members' app and it told me to login there. When I use the members app, the 2FA code entering screen stays and I was able to login... (Though, I think Samsung needs to fix the issue for when members try to log in via the notification because it's not an app that you can go back and enter the code anymore)

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options

Hi @Jayw555, are you still experiencing this, or did you manage to bypass the security on your Samsung Account? If it's the former, are you closing the browser down completely and removing it from your background apps, or only minimising it by pressing the home key? 

0 Likes
Jayw555
Apprentice
Options

Still experiencing this.

I'm currently not logged into samsung accounts on my phone. I get a notification from 'samsung account' to log in. When I click on it, it takes me to a login interface, once I input username and password, it tells me to enter my 2FA, but at the same time, the 2FA pops up and removed the 'Enter 2FA' screen'. So I can never log in.

0 Likes
Solution
Jayw555
Apprentice
Options

Okay I just went to the Samsung 'Members' app and it told me to login there. When I use the members app, the 2FA code entering screen stays and I was able to login... (Though, I think Samsung needs to fix the issue for when members try to log in via the notification because it's not an app that you can go back and enter the code anymore)

0 Likes