Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 - USB C Dex Adapter

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 02:08 PM)
Albabarn
Explorer
Options

I'd like to use the Tab S6 in Dex Mode when working at home, I've got a USB C adapter that allows charging but not at a high enough rate to stop battery drain.

The official Samsung adapter doesn't have the ports that I need, does anyone have any experience with a USB C adapter that allows PD to properly charge the Tab S6 whilst using it in Dex Mode (plugged into a monitor, usb ports being used for drives.sd cards etc).

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Albabarn: In order to successfully connect your Tab S6 to an external monitor you will require a USB-C to HDMI adapter. To find out more please check the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-connect-the-galaxy-tab-to-a-screen-using-de...
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the response Andrew however the Samsung branded USB C Adapters/Hubs do not have enough ports on them to be of any use to me. That's why i'm looking at third party ones. 

The issue is trying to find one that allowes for proper charging while being used.

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options

@Albabarn wrote:

Thanks for the response Andrew however the Samsung branded USB C Adapters/Hubs do not have enough ports on them to be of any use to me. That's why i'm looking at third party ones. 

The issue is trying to find one that allowes for proper charging while being used.

Ugreen awesome USB c hub and has power delivery port (PD) so you can charge your tab while using Dex as I use it..

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options

Nice, I think I need to get a 60W charger as well, as that seems to be an area it's falling down. The Samsung provided one can't push enough power for an adapter and the tablet, and another 30W one i've got doesn't seem to cut it either. Pairing this adapter with something like an Anker 60W might solve my problems and let me use this longer term as a replacement to a docked laptop :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
kzac
First Poster
Options

Not True, I have my TabS6 (SM-T865) working with my DELL monitor only with usbc cable. My monitor (DELL S27 ) support usbc interface. The tricks are TabS6 doesn't work after you have the device started, you have to boot the device with the monitor attached and (* if that doesn't work, then you need to run secondscreen app to change the tab resolution to match up to the monitor supported resolutions, then you restart ).

The screen response is much faster than using a hdmi dongle.

0 Likes