Support

Open search

App icons appear as watermark?

Highlighted

Hello, i am attaching here a screenshot of my problem. The icon apps on my home appear when I open every other app here. They look like watermark in the background. How do I turn this off??? It makes it hard to read some stuff. Mine is a s9 plus.

Ps: I just realized that when I take a screenshot it doesn't show up, which makes me think it's the screen itself? My boyfriend took a picture with his phone. IMG-20200222-WA0051.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-231055_Samsung Members.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm not really seeing what your experiencing @Carolahmed from the screenshots.

Edit 》 After looking again I can now.

Could be screen burn which happens on some mobile phone screens.

Maybe pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and they can take a look.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

Thank you for your help!  I know it's hard to see it, it's too bad it doesn't show up on my screenshot, cause it's much more visible for me. But anyway, I think I'm gonna have to take to one of these samsung places you told me. Thank you 

@Carolahmed: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present in any of these tests. If so then, further to the advice offered by BandOfBrothers, please visit a Samsung Support Centre near you to arrange an inspection. You can find your nearest one by checking the link below, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Carolahmed wrote:

Thank you for your help!  I know it's hard to see it, it's too bad it doesn't show up on my screenshot, cause it's much more visible for me. But anyway, I think I'm gonna have to take to one of these samsung places you told me. Thank you 

You're very welcome @Carolahmed 

Sometimes when an item has been static too long on a display it can leave a ghost picture of itself.

With screen burn in the ultimate resolution is to have the display replaced.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors