Support

Open search

Suggestion : make "no update available" message more verbose

Highlighted

*ahem*

Hi guys. No need to be flinging custard pies. 

@RolfVonHessen , I've raised this as a suggestion for our R&D team. In relation to that, I've also asked them if we can get some clarity on the whole 'CSC impact on updates' matter. 

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted

Hi all,

I've received a reply.

Regarding your suggestion, @RolfVonHessen , it seems as though the developers would have to fundamentally change the entire system to provide that kind of additional info to 'no update available' messaging - and they don't have any plans to do that.

(I agree it'd be really good if something like that could be implemented though. )

Regarding CSC impact on updates, I've been advised:

• CSC's for phones purchased from a carrier/network cannot be changed.
  • Changing the CSC for an open market phone can potentially affect receiving an update as update scenarios/rollouts are prepared for individual CSC's (to cater for differences in requirements, settings etc.)

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@AntS wrote:
  • CSC's for phones purchased from a carrier/network cannot be changed.
  • Changing the CSC for an open market phone can potentially affect receiving an update as update scenarios/rollouts are prepared for individual CSC's (to cater for differences in requirements, settings etc.)

@AntS: Thank you very much !

@SE11 @Igsu : So it is possible that your problems getting updates are due to a changed CSC .

@doesitmatter: Lets bury the hatchet, OK ? Should I have offended you in any way I hereby sincerely apologize.

Highlighted

So I followed the suggestion of a friendly person and had a look into the xda-forums :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/ota-update-problem-oxm-csc-t3722169

"Yes i`ve solved it.
[...]
I did not get the updates because phone was bought from italy and when i inserted the romanian sim card, the firmware from italy was different from the firmware from romania."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a TPA Galaxy A51 that has not received an update yet. If I live in the US will I be able to update if an update for that region comes out? It's unlocked with no sim card. 

Top Liked Authors