Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 05:34 PM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

Go to solution
211 REPLIES 211
nuala
Student
Options
Thanks @Taz786 your solution worked for me now all I have to do is try and figure out all the other ones I applied when trying to solve this issue 😉
@Samsung from what I can see in this forum this is a normal bug and you are still pushing it out on an update! Poor form
Emmaherts
First Poster
Options

That worked a treat. Thank you so much, it was really starting to annoy me that I had no predictive text. My phone updated a few days ago and it was gone. 

Makacan
First Poster
Options
Taz you are a super star
Lau11
First Poster
Options

You absolute legend! Totally fixed. Never been so frustrated with my phone in years! Thank you 

Donniedarko76
Student
Options

Thank you, that's been driving me nuts!

Taz786
Student
Options

This tip will also work for any other apps that may not be working properly. You just clear the data and it resets it. It is basically like deleting and reinstalling a app without actually having to delete and reinstall it.  But also keep in mind that once you do this you will lose all data stored on that app and your settings will be reset. 

Enjoy and share this simple fix with other people too :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Donniedarko76
Student
Options

hi, when you say data stored in the app, what does this mean? E.g WhatsApp, would I lose the media in my messages or just lose some whatsapp Settings? My phone seems fine now btw I'm finding out just in case.

0 Likes
Kel2
First Poster
Options

Thank God for you ! Keyboard sorted. If I typed ducking el one more time 😂

Mutley64
Apprentice
Options

I have tried this suggested fix numerous times to no avail!

I have lost all predictive text on everything.

Also lost some of my personal set ups now as well.

Please Samsung can we have a fix from the developers.

0 Likes
Boola69
First Poster
Options

Excellent, thank you. I was tearing my hair out after the update. Its amazing how infuriating that was.