Support

Open search

No lock screen wake up from notifications

Highlighted
Apprentice

My new note 9 is not waking up the screen when a new message comes in (I am not using always on display). My supposed-to-be retired Android One phone (Android pie) had no problem showing messages briefly, then turning screen off again. As it should be. I tried many settings without success. Screen stays off. The only thing working was 3rd party app 'glimpse' but granting these kind of permissions is unacceptable to me. Am I too stupid for this or is Samsung software too dumb? It is hard to believe that Samsung phones are unable to do this! What do you think? And ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
@Felix10120: If you go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > On > View Style, set this to 'Detailed' or 'Brief'. Also, make sure that 'Hide Content' is disabled, and this should wake your screen up with any new notifications.
Apprentice

Thanks a bunch for the quick help, Andrew! Unfortunately that I already tried at first. It seemed intuitive and it should have worked imo. But it didn't... Settings are already as described by you. If I remember correctly the only kind of message that got through to the lock screen like this was an SMS message. Since I don't have two phones I don't know how to properly test this. By now I've read quite a few threads like this, which doesn't make me feel too confident...

Top Liked Authors