Support

Open search

Samsung Note 10+ and DeX installation

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I try to install DeX for my Samsung Note 10+ to windows 10 PC. Anyhow installation fails when it try to install SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones 1.7.13.0. Error pop-up below. Any idea what can cause this?

DeX installation failure.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks for advice. I tried to install with that package as well, but same thing. Write error at the very beginning of driver installation

Anyhow I found a work around. I first unzipped the driver installation package to same temp folder which error code is indicating. Then I retried installer and it was installing drivers successfully. So most probably something about permissions, but it strange because I have installed lots of different programs lately and I haven’t encountered same issue with other applications.

But any how now DeX is working and I really enjoy it 😊

Thanks for help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
@Wenlin: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with DeX. Can you confirm if you downloaded the PC app from the support page linked below?

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/

If you did, can you visit your PC manufacturers home page, or Microsoft Support, to see if you have the latest drivers installed?
Highlighted
Voyager

Go here, download the latest drivers and install them - https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks for advice. I tried to install with that package as well, but same thing. Write error at the very beginning of driver installation

Anyhow I found a work around. I first unzipped the driver installation package to same temp folder which error code is indicating. Then I retried installer and it was installing drivers successfully. So most probably something about permissions, but it strange because I have installed lots of different programs lately and I haven’t encountered same issue with other applications.

But any how now DeX is working and I really enjoy it 😊

Thanks for help!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,
How did you exctract the driver package? it is a .exe file?

Highlighted
use 7zip
Top Liked Authors