Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy setting box

(Topic created on: 21-12-2018 08:40 AM)
Domgor
First Poster
Options

A few days ago I bought a C43J890DKU type monitor. I installed the Easy setting box which is very useful. Unfortunately I have some problems with it but I have not found any topic about it. So I created :smiling-face:

The first problem is using Chrome. Sometimes it works, but mostly not. It simply can not be assigned to a screen area. In a German topic, I found a question about it and there was a response from the moderator: Chrome does not support Easy Setting Box. But it sometimes works! For me it seems to be a program bug. It would be very good if this could be improved because it does not worth so much!

My other problem is that sometimes the programs go out of their assigned area. So they can cover a little bit of each other. It's not as confusing as the first mistake, but it should be improved.

Has anyone encountered these mistakes? Is there any solution for one of them?

20 REPLIES 20
LowTech
Apprentice
Options

(Fujitsu pc, Windows 7, i5, NVidia graphics, 2 different monitors)

Hi - I have a LS24H850QF.. and the Easy Setting Box works with one and two screen configurations (selectable independently) and I think the screen 'partitioning' is independent of any application including Chrome (afaik). It works with re-sizing any program window to the set size.

However - not without other problems:

(1) Within many porograms I lose the doubleclick option to select or open e.g. opening mail within Thunderbird or selecting words within a browser (e.g. Firefox) or other programs where you expect double-click to perform some action. It works in Word however.

(2) You don't automatically get a horizontal scroll bar to see what might be hidden out of window where it won't fit a small window (e.g. mail client). YouTube/browser resizes fine.

(3) If you try to reposition a reduced size program window within the space (i.e. not minimised or maximised) it automatically maximises (snaps) to max window size with no option given.

I turn off split screen when these are problem, and use another attached monitor for side-by-side or multi-task view.  e.g. watch TV catch-up while working.

Any comments please?

0 Likes
Bruce64
Student
Options

About:

"

(1) Within many porograms I lose the doubleclick option to select or open e.g. opening mail within Thunderbird or selecting words within a browser (e.g. Firefox) or other programs where you expect double-click to perform some action. It works in Word however.

"

I've exactly the same problem. I don't understand how is possible that SAMSUNG doesn't fix a problem like this.

0 Likes
LowTech
Apprentice
Options

This has still not been fixed as far as I know. It's inconvenient and catches me out when I use the handy utility for split screen - especially when email or other client is in a separate window & wont respond -  Samsung can you have a look at this please?

AntS
Options

Hi all,

I asked one of our IT/Monitor Support colleagues for some advice on this one. They've advised checking the Easy Settings Box version you have; and to be aware that the device OS may affect the functionality/appropriate troubleshooting steps to follow, e.g.:

For Windows 10:

1. Install the latest graphic driver of the computer and please check the cable (HDMI or DP preferably).
  2. Make sure you have the latest Easy Settings software installed. 
  3. If the latest Easy Settings software is installed, and the issue is persisting, then try a re-install of the software.

For Windows 7:

• Try an older version of the Easy Settings Box, or re-install the application.

Software is available to download from https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/support/resources/product-support  (and selecting the various options from the dropdowns to get to your model's global Support page); or from the relevant model's local Samsung site Support page (e.g. for the UK's LS24H850QF:  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LS24H850QFUXEN/).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Chrome issue (that the OP also stated):

• Try to set Chrome as the default browser, and check the result.
0 Likes
grutta2015
First Poster
Options

Hi there...

I have purchased a Samsung C49HG90DMU Monitor.

The software
Easy Setting Box has not worked for me with any of the following browsers:
Firefox, Opera y "Edge". I haven't tried Chrome yet ... because I have read that it NEITHER works.

It is really frustrating to spend so much money on a monitor to work with split screen ... and that the manufacturer does not provide a satisfactory experience.

LowTech
Apprentice
Options

You have just prompted me to have another go with this utility. I've noticed something odd.

(1) The utility does not recognise the same numbering scheme as you graphics card monitor setup e.g I and 2 can be reversed in Easy Setting.

(2) If I have set one monitor (the Samsung) to show app windows at 125%, it can affect the wrong monitor in Easy Setting app. i.e. it might handle the other monitor as being 125% view , when it is 100%, and the screen divisions will be wrong.

I dont think this is application or browser specific.  I have used Firefox in main window and Thunderbord in a smaller window, using W7 then W10, Nvidea Quadro Nvidia graphic, DP and DVI connected monitors.

Easy Setting operation does seem erratic ( also sometimes doesn't start ) and I prefer to use my apps own window detachment facilities e.g. within Cubase and Wavelab, or similar.

0 Likes
Biijour
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone

So the easy solution for me when i want to assing CHROME to the screen box i previously set with Easy setting box is very simple :

- Once you are in chrome, you simply press f11 to make the window full screen, then you re-type f11 to put it back to normal mode, and then the software will detect chrome as comaptible with the easy boxes.

- Then you just have to drag your windows on the box of your choice
- For now it seems to work with every applications that is not natively detected with Easy box software (every apps that have full-screen mode of course)

I discovered it after testing for the first time the full width on YouTube to test the 49 inch (that is really awesome by the way, i can't wait to upgrade to 1 440p !) and once i left the fullscreen to put another video i noticed that the little Easy Box icon appeared on my window. Then i undesrtood.

Ps : Make sure your Easy Setting Box soft is launched when you do the full-screen (F11) mode. If it didn't worked for you it's probably because the soft wasn't launched. You jsut have to launch the soft and try again.

I'm sure this will help some of you guys, have fun !

RBV
First Poster
Options

Hola Bijour, muchas gracias por tu aclaración, he hecho lo que has comentado, ampliando a pantalla completa y luego volviendo al estado normal y ha salido el icono de easy setting box en la ventana del navegador Chrome, me ha funcionado y la verdad que no lo utilizaba por todo los problemas que dá, pero ahora seguiré probandolo de nuevo muchas gracias.

Biijour
Apprentice
Options
No problemo amigo(a) :smiling-face:
0 Likes