Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 05:39 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I tried some inputs but I don't know what I did when it appeared. Sorry. 

I will try again.

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

Just tried holding a lot of different buttons.

No test tone but a lot of messages on the display:

• SHOP - NG
  • Anynet + (on or off)
  • Auto power on TV (on or off)
  • All software versions of the different speakers and receiver
  • Id-set
0 Likes
SegaBoy64
First Poster
Options

Finally managed to replicate it - with the soundbar switched off hold on to 'Sound Mode' until it switches on and you'll see 'TEST TONE' scroll along the display; doesn't appear to do anything though - unless it's at a frequency undetected by human ears :smiling-face:

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Samsung does not include and/or explain that functions in the manual...

0 Likes
SegaBoy64
First Poster
Options

I presume it's because it doesn't actually do anything; without some form of sensor you'd imagine it would have to work in conjunction with a phone/app - I'd like to hope it's something that may come in the not too distant future, but I doubt it...

0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

Woah I got update 1010.5 and now my HW-Q90R now says eARC alongside my LG C9 😄!IMG_20200503_215251.jpg

beethoven98
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much for this new!!! I just got either.

0 Likes
brump3
Apprentice
Options
Hi
Where I can to download this 1010.5 update version?

Thanks
Bruno
0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

@brump3 wrote:
Hi
Where I can to download this 1010.5 update version?

Thanks
Bruno

Within the Samsung Smart things app. Click on the Q90R, then tap the three dots on the top right of the app and select information, then firmware. 

Screenshot_20200503-223613.png