Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Active 2 ECG not working

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 05:39 PM)
Iescaunare
Student
Options

I got the ECG update today (Norway), but I can't get the ECG to work. It just stays on the screen telling me to put my finger on the button. I've cleaned the watch, and moisturized my wrist, but still nothing.

I found a Reddit post telling me how to enter Test Mode. In 2TEST my L-0 value was 6, which they say means some sensor isn't working. Can I do anything about this, or do I have to send it in for repairs?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Doigottawork
First Poster
Options

I too have the GWA2 and am unable to get the ECG to work. Like "tattdmoma" I got code 5 when doing the test. Guess I have a faulty finger sensor. I bought my watch off from a private seller long ago so the warranty option isn't an option.

I just opted to trade the watch in for the new Watch 4. I've been waiting for Samsung/Google to play nice and combine efforts so it's a win for me. I got $150 trade in value which is what I paid for the watch long ago anyway. Now let's hope the new watch doesn't have any issue!

0 Likes
LakeM0nst3r
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue but I cannot find out what the test is, I am able to go into the testing mode but cannot figure out what to do after. would it be in the HRM button?

0 Likes
Doigottawork
First Poster
Options

The option is "2Test" 

0 Likes
JetMech
First Poster
Options

Just adding my same issue to the pot. I'm getting a L-O value of 5. Everything seems to work fine  except the ECG. Worked for about 2 months after the update. No longer in warranty so I'm stuck with it. 

0 Likes
Cenker
First Poster
Options

İ have the same problem i get 5 in the L-0 value. But after i read the comments here i went to a tech Shop and I reviewed the Galaxy Watch 4 display product and look from the menu to L-0 value. İt was allso 5!!! How is it possible on a unused new product??? 

0 Likes
farnil
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have also Galaxy watch Active 2 (2F87) and my EKG doesn't start measuring. It just says, Rest your finger, moisturize our finger, but notworking. Tried it several times, no success. What do you suggest? 

0 Likes
BastianSuivera
Student
Options

Make sure you open the test menu from the Phone app, because if you open it from the About device by tapping multiple times, it won't show

Also, for me, Active2 R835U version, when I open the test menu, I don't have to tap on "test menu" as nothing happens, but when I scroll down on the list of test menu, it shows the TEST2 option

0 Likes
BastianSuivera
Student
Options
  1. I don't know who said the 2TEST is even related to the EKG lead, but being very honest I don't think our watches are broken. I think this is a deliberate action from Samsung somehow.

They fully disabled our EKG feature, even using the SHM MOD from dante64 from XDA or anywhere in the internet. I think the issue is an update. We need to find a way to back roll the software on the watch. Samsung fkd us up

0 Likes