Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 SetUp fails at 80%

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 10:19 PM)
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi, I'm pulling my hair out. Ive recieved my new S24 Ultra and its great. I also received my free Galaxy Watch 6 (40mm Bluetooth). But can I hell get them to set up. The watch sees the phone and the phone sees the watch and up comes the check number on both. I then press continue and off it starts. It then asks me to tick the usual agree boxes and then it settles down with a circle with pixels wirling around with a percentage figure in the middle slowly increasing. Until that is it gets to between 80 and 90% and then it stops and reverts back cant connect searching!!. the watch 6 gives me 3 trys at doing this before it does a reset.
One interesting point, my wife has a Flip 4 on One UI 6 and it works first time every time. So its not the watch 6, it must be the One UI 6.1 or the wearable app. Ive tried just about everything from factory setting the watch to uninstalling the app doing phone resarts to cache and data deletes. I would be interested if anyone else has a similar issue and found a fix. Ive even turned off Wireless as I heard someone say the Bluetooth and Wireless frequencies collide. Help anyone. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
For anybody interested. I fixed it. I got so frustrated I factory reset the phone and then manually set it up. I thought ill bring restore apps and data in as I need it. My thought was an app that I transferred from my old phone was causing the issue. Plus the phone app stopped working as well. But that's another story. So reset phone watch connected and phone app now working. Yeah.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Might have been a rogue App or something.... I set my 6 classic up on my s24u and the freebie 6 on my wife's 24+ with no fuss...

So much complicated software, but sometimes a reset certainty does the job.

Glad you got it sorted

0 Likes