Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 battery

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 07:01 PM)
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
I have a Galaxy Watch 5 (bluetooth) and am very happy with it. I've got the sensors turned on continuously for heart rate and stress and it links to Samsung Health. The watch battery goes to about 65-70% after 24h from the previous charge.
However, my wife has recently bought a Watch 6 (bluetooth). She is recently finding it does not last 12 hours on a full charge, (not always, but enough to be an issue). She also has the sensors turned on and it links to Samsung Health. I've checked the Wearables app on her phone and nothing stands out as unusual. AOD is not turned on, not using apps on the phone or maps. It's fully updated and running on a Pixel 7 Pro. I also went into recovery on the watch and cleared the cache.
Does anyone have any other suggestions, or could there be a fault?
Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
The 6 has a small battery than the 5 I believe
0 Likes
Priyaan
Explorer
Options
Turn off Wi-Fi (auto). It drains more battery.
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Yes, the 43mm GW6 Classic has a 300mAh battery compared with a 410mAh battery in the GW5 44mm. Apparently, both will last 'up to' 40 hours with no AOD. I don't know if the GW6 has a more efficient chipset to explain the comparable run time. Nevertheless, 40 hours is a long way from 12 hours.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
How long has the GW6 been active? Could be in battery "learning" process 🤔 1705227148206.jpg
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
It's been used since the end of October. The battery life collapsing has only happened in the last fortnight, but no new apps or updates that might have caused a change in config. I might try a watch reset, then add the apps back on individually.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
There was a watch update released on 29th December....and since then lots of GW owner have been having issues with loss of connection, battery etc
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Thank you.
This setting hasn't been amended since the watch was originally set up, so I don't think it would cause the difference in how long the battery is now lasting. I've also got it running on my GW5 and that's not detrimental to the battery lasting a full day.
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Very interesting, thanks for that. Fingers crossed for a new patch soon!
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I don't know how long you have had the watch 6, but allow at least 7 days for the watch battery to learn your habits and usage. Then, the battery should improve. Mine did.
0 Likes