Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro battery drain

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 07:44 AM)
Prg77
Explorer
Options
I've had my watch around 10 days now, and in the last couple it seems to have got itself in a bit of a bind. The battery is lasting about 7 hours, (overnight), seemingly due to contact sync taking about 30%.
The annoying thing is it is lying about how long it's been used too. I took it off charge at about 4pm, and its claiming 19 hours. 
I was getting 2 days out of my watch 4,and expected at least double this. 

I've tried killing the contacts app, next stop is a reinstall 
23 REPLIES 23
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
A little unusual, obviously I am very new to Galaxy watch, I have 5 pro Lte, 6 days.. 1.30hrs gym (two of those are core Training, otherwise I will be dead) Then 1 day every Sunday 10km running, all with AOD during training, with all that I get 2 days + battery

Every, absolutely every facility in the watch is ON, including 24r HR monitoring

Only thing is, I am a fitness ***** 😂.. I am not into fancy watch faces or anything else, only 3 apps sending messages only, so noooooo notifications to many apps

Additionally I have only installed 1 3rd party App for weight training all others are Samsung galaxy apps ONLY
0 Likes
vierygood
Student
Options

I have had a similar issue recently with my Watch5. 
Despite turning off the auto backup, or disabling the Contacts, it still shows "Samsung Contact Sync" draining the battery the most. Not quite sure what's wrong is it? 
Now I cannot even last a day with the watch fully charge in the morning. 

Dav1403
First Poster
Options

Same happening to me.

Anyone found a solution for this? 

Prg77
Explorer
Options
Ended up doing a full reset and it's been fine since
Members_zW9z4yJ
Student
Options

A reset helps but a few days later I am getting same problem. I have switched off all Samsung account sync options. I am still seeing Samsung contact sync on watch as taking the battery drain the most. Is there any way to delete Samsung contact sync??

Members_YYvq5BW
Student
Options

I've had the same problem with galaxy watch 4 classic, and now with galaxy 5 pro.

Once the watch is reset,  it works for a few days then the contact sync starts drianing the battery.

Samsung needs to find a solution for this.

Members_YYvq5BW
Student
Options

Screenshot_20230710_105534_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

 samsung need to find a solution for this, it's crazy.

I need to reset my watch once a week  to get rid of the battery drain due to contact sync

gil906
First Poster
Options

Is there a solution for this? It's crazy that there is no solution yet for this problem 

vierygood
Student
Options

I guess the issue not big enough, or not having enough users reporting it to the team, hence, no one really serious to look into it. 

I've been reaching out the local Singapore Customer Support team and well, no solution at all. And they even claimed that it could be my S22 Ultra that causing the issues. 

I have tried to reset the watch like almost every one to two weeks since day one. I have even tried to just leave everything in default and apparently, it happened too.

I got to be honest, because of this issue, I'm already looking around for other replacement but not Samsung. Just very sad and disappointed... 

0 Likes