Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up LTE on Galaxy Watch 3 with a non-Samsung phone

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 04:33 PM)
ORP123
Apprentice
Options

I've recently bought a SG Watch 3  LTE and have an Honor 10 phone. Everything elae in the setup works fine but when I try and attatch it to the data plan ive got for it, linked to my phone, its not working. It says EE don't do plans for the watch which isnt true. The EE man claimed/guessed it couldn't be linked without a Samsung phone, but I pressumed they'd have to advertise it pretty clearly if the LTE couldn't be done without a Samsung phone so I don't know what to do. Do I need a Samsung phone? 

3 REPLIES 3
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Hi! warning, I don't know ANYTHING about this, but I did look at the terms and conditions:
"Galaxy Watch3 4G connects exclusively on EE* and Vodafone**.
*Standalone voice calling on 4G model requires an EE PAYM voice plan with data subscription to access the ‘One Number’ service. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with Samsung Galaxy smartphone 2017 and newer required.
**Available to all Vodafone Pay Monthly Mobile customers on a Red Plan. You will use the allowance from your current PAYM or SIMO plan to call from your Samsung Watch. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with an Android smartphone with OS Android 5.0 or newer and at least 1.5GB RAM required."

For EE, it seems that for the initial set up you need a Samsung Galaxy phone from 2017 onwards to set it up first. 😕 And then you should be able to use it on your phone.

However, if you're a Vodafone user, you only need an android phone with android os 5.0 onwards

I cannot fathom why EE would do that?
0 Likes
Anuj_GEAR
First Poster
Options

Hello All,

i have Galaxy Watch3 LTE. but cann't activate LTE on my watch. I am using Vivo 11pro with dual sim Airtel & Vodafone-idea sim mobile phone. Please help.

0 Likes
Rishabh
First Poster
Options

Hello All, 

I am facing the same issue with redmi note 7 pro. But in my case airtel sim is showing web connection timeout and not connecting with jio. 

0 Likes