Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen timeout not working

(Topic created on: 05-04-2017 07:17 PM)
Wendy72
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Does anyone have a screen timeout problem, it's set to 15 sec but this doesn't  happen. I have reset many times but still doesn't work and this  is causing my battery  to drain....

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
Rob_Searing
First Poster
Options

I think the problem is with the wake-up gesture feature. When raising the watch , that's when the screen times out after 12-15 secs. If, when you raise it (with the timeout set to 1, 5 minutes) and turn the bezel left and right---you'll notice the timeout works. Thus, I think the issue is with the wake-up gesture feature...I wish Samsung would make a setting so that if you turn the watch on by using the gesture, you can extend the timeout beyond the 12-15 secs.

0 Likes
SS52
First Poster
Options

Hello yes my screen timeout for my samsung galaxy j7 sky pro is automatically set to 15 seconds and it won't let me change it is there any possible at all to change this or am I just going  to have to get a new phone. Please if anyone know how to do this let me know. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
karl712
First Poster
Options

I also am having a terrible time with my Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. the screen times out after about 10 minutes. Even though  it has been set to 30 minutes. 

Not sure  which of my apps are overriding the  system  but also had this same problem with the luna Pro 3. which is wht I got the new phone.  I thought it was internal but no, it's something to do with my account or one of my apps..  PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
Needing-help
First Poster
Options

I have tried this several times and it doesn't work  for me. 

0 Likes
BABYGIRL6969
Apprentice
Options

I have a samsung sky pro j7 and I reset the screen timer to 30 minutes but it still shuts off and goes back to 30 seconds how can I fix this this is my second phone same model but I didn't have this problem with it?

PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE FOR HELP CANT AFFORD ANOTHER PHONE!

BABYGIRL6969
Apprentice
Options

May I ask how you did a reboot and will it erase my apps and photos all of my stuff? PLEASE HELP IM DESPRATE FOR HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Aryan
Journeyman
Options
Just restart ur phone normally 2 3 times untill the problem goes. Press and hold the power button and click on restart. Fixes almost all the issues for me. Don't stress it. Its a common issue for Samsung phones
0 Likes
Aryan
Journeyman
Options

It's a software glitch from samsung and is common. Simply restart ur fone a few times n try the settings(worked for me after 3rd or 4th restart). Or another work around is that go to settings then about section den software info and find model number. Tap 10 times on it without gap to activate Developers mode and turn on stay awake mode from developer's settings in settings app. Turn it on when u need the phone screen to stay on (but it ll only work when you connect your phone to a charger). I hope this helps. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
VangelisPrime
First Poster
Options

What button in the top right corner did you oush if i may ask?

0 Likes
LadyCroft_1995
First Poster
Options

I am trying this for weeks now and I still have to change it twice a day to 5 or 10 minutes.. it keeps going back to 10 seconds. 

0 Likes