Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health App Inaccuracy

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 06:55 PM)
ChloesTrash
Student
Options
My run has recorded with inaccurate GPS data from my Samsung watch. It has also calculated a shorter distance to be longer. Anyone having these issues and know the fix? Also an ongoing problem has been the data pulling through to strava as also inaccurate and deducted time making the run look quicker! I need accuracy and this is totally pointless have a pho e and smartwatch that can not deliver on time or distance.
9 REPLIES 9
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
you could try turning on high GPS accuracy in the run settings this may help
ChloesTrash
Student
Options
thank you. I have just done that and checked for updates.
Grumpypete
Apprentice
Options

I have this problem as well. My walking distance and pace is fairly accurate but my running distance is 60% high. I have been onto samsung for 9 months but all they say is ring an inter national phone number. I only keep it because I rely on Strava and I cant afford to change it yet. Also when using strava if I catch the phone front with my sleeve it pauses. Its blooming useless

HugeGene
First Poster
Options

I purchased the Galaxy Watch Active about a month back. Great watch and perfect for running. Up until the last Strava App update all worked fine. I use the Samsung running app and strava. They matched distance / pace etc perfectly. However after the last Strava app update that claimed to improve GPS accuracy this has not been the case.

Since the new strava update it loses about half a km every 5 km. Before I would get a vibration alert for Samsung running app and soon after or just before strava would do the same. It would be like that for 5km, 10kim, 15km. Now they wildly out. 

To check if the Samsung running app or strava was running slower, I ran with my Samsung phone using strava as well. When I uploaded the run, the smartwatch app was half a km slower than the Samsung running app and Phone strava app. I then loaded strava on google and selected the Distance for strava to calculate and it showed that the watch app was short on distance.

Can I have the previous version back as it appears to be more accurate.

Demarco
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem . My samsung health app is showing more faster pace and time compared to my reflex active watch
Members_ORnIwgt
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem my walking accuracy is spot on but my running accuracy is way off. I use a trail that is exacly 5km round trip when walking is a spot on 5k when running the same distance, Samsung health shows as 8km!

Grumpypete
Apprentice
Options
Sell it. Buy a Garmin!
0 Likes
AnnaAnnushka
Student
Options

Where can we find those settings?

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Sorry this was over 2 years ago I will have to play with it when I exercise tomorrow to refresh my memory will get back to you.
0 Likes