Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milanese Band (Watch4/5) not fit for purpose and no return is possible after 2 weeks - "The computer says no"

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 08:07 PM)
Members_fJBpO68
First Poster
Options

Having purchased a Watch 5 40mm with a Milanese band but this is too heavy for my wife to wear.

I already happily own 4 Samsung smartwatches  but this metal band is a joke : The watch 5 body weighs 30 grams and the band ON ITS OWN weighs another 58g. The band sits away from the sides of the watch so cannot be adjusted small enough.

If I appear to be fussy, I then pls note I then purchased, from poor stock levels at Samsung, a Sportband (small) which weighs 11g but in a colour and style my wife disliked, and it still sits away from the wrist each side. The overall weight was better.

I then tried to return the Milanese band to be advised that it was over the 2 week return period and the software would not allow a return under any circumstances. I had used credits / points etc so the refund would have been for less than the retail.

Thank you Samsung.

I was able to return the later-purchased sport band, which I am now doing, but I am left with a metal band not fit for purpose at over £65.

I could obtain bands from Amazon but one already broke after 1 day of use. Samsung continue to have poor choice on their website, a small black band with one row of holes max would do.

With 5 smart TVs, laptop, multiple mobiles, watches and accessories all by Samsung, I am beginning to feel their customer service is slipping lower than their stock levels of bands and they are becoming complacent and process-led in their treatment of long-standing loyal customers.

I am disappointed by  this unexpectedly obstinate stance taken by Customer Services and I would advise any future purchasers to look carefully before buying, or look elsewhere.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The weight is listed on the website, did you not check it out before you brought it?
0 Likes
Members_fJBpO68
First Poster
Options

Hi

I'm not sure if you're real or just a bot.

No I did not check the weight. The "Custom Studio" whisks you through on a slick set of choices and then pops you out at the end with "Purchase Option" and "Best Price".

If you're not a bot then take a look.

This is not a motor vehicle, its a nice-looking piece of electronic jewellery.

The main point is that previous posts have suggested a 28 day grace period but now it is 2 weeks and not negotiable and this is a customer who is not satisfied.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am not a bot, even though my name suggests it. Maybe just me cose I look through everything when purchasing online

Wasnt trying to be an ass, just wondering why you didn't check before

I don't know the reason why they refused the return but I would have expected they would, they do normally
Members_fJBpO68
First Poster
Options

OK, no worries, glad you're not a bot ! 

Just a disappointed brand ambassador. Loyalty to the brand diminishes with experiences such as these.

I just never understood the icons in the Sony on-screen menus. Perhaps they've improved :smiling-face:

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you spoken to shop support? They maybe able to help
0 Likes