Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to add card on Galaxy watch4 if my phone doesn't support nfc

(Topic created on: 22-11-2022 07:19 PM)
ShadowGamerIK
Apprentice
Options

I got my galaxy watch4 a few days ago and I want to set up Google pay but my phone doesn't support contactless payment, nor does my whole families phones. Does anyone know a method to add a debit card if my phone doesn't support it because all I need is for it to be on my watches Google wallet. I also tried Samsung Pay but my bank doesn't support it. Galaxy Watch4 Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

To pay with the Watch, NFC is not required on your phone. However, to set up cards in Google Wallet on your watch, you need Google Wallet on your phone. Are you able to download and install Google Wallet on your phone?

ShadowGamerIK
Apprentice
Options

Yes but it only says that it is always updating but my brothers phone has it. Only thing is if i try to add a card it says it cannot add since it doesn't have NFC, that's why I'm asking if I can just get it on my watch only.

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Don't add cards to Google Wallet on your phone. On your watch, click on add card, it will then ask you to complete the process on your phone. If you are then able to add a card, then you are set.

Unfortunately,  the watch app requires the app on your phone to add cards. If the above proces does not work, then, as far as I know, there is no other way to make it work.

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/12059876?hl=en

0 Likes
Solution
ShadowGamerIK
Apprentice
Options

I resested my watch to my brothers phone but sadly it comes up with the same message "your phone doesn't support contactless payment". If you do manage to find a method then please tell me, other than that thanks for the idea.

0 Likes