Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 360 cannot load liveview and gallery in Gear 360 Manager app

(Topic created on: 18-06-2017 12:06 AM)
scaz
Student
Options

I have an old version of gear 360 which has been working fine with my Samsung S7 edge via bluetooth. I recently updated Gear 360 Manager and now I cannot access live view, nor view my gallery (stored on memory card in Gear 360). I also have footage stuck on the card that I urgetnly need to access.

I have updated my firmwear. I have tried disabling and unpairing gear 360. 

Please could someone help me get this working correctly again.

many thanks

Scaz

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Panoslide
First Poster
Options

Me too, I have exactly the same problem.

MongoLikeCandy
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much, I've been trying to solve this for a long time. VPN was the problem all along

0 Likes
Members_YZ5BzEu
Apprentice
Options

The app has been removed from the Samsung store. The camera is useless now without the app because the images are not stitched. The pc version doesn't stitch them properly either.

I wish I had bout a Ricoh Theta S now instead because Samsung has just abandoned their customers for this product.

0 Likes
Members_YZ5BzEu
Apprentice
Options

Me too. I even tried reloading older versions but still no joy. Samsung store no longer offer it either. Samsung has just abandoned us all and is no longer supporting this camera.

0 Likes
Members_YZ5BzEu
Apprentice
Options

There are no solutions to the app not working. It simply crashes as soon as you try to access the gallery. What's more, Samsung is no longer supporting the 360 camera so we can all just throw them away and remember how Samsung have treated us.
We should buy Ricoh Theta cameras instead in future.

0 Likes
MongoLikeCandy
Apprentice
Options

I managed to download and install Action Director (free) onto my pc, then stitched using that. You will have to transfer your pics by connecting SD card to pc directly first.

Install of AD was a tricky one, but watch this video:

https://youtu.be/BX13ECwBZo4

I'm still annoyed that Samsung have given up with fixing the bugs though, their support is terrible (don't ask me about my washing machine)

0 Likes
Members_olxtrKg
First Poster
Options

Agreed, Its a shame as I really like the quality of the 360 video and the live view is still awesome but bloody awful of Samsung to just discontinue support.

Last time I'll buy Samsung tech as I cant risk having kit thats going to get chucked on the rubbish heap whenever they feel like it.

0 Likes