Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch wifi

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 08:10 PM)
Marty007
Student
Options

Hey all 

on black Friday decided to upgrade from my gear sport to Galaxy Watch (1). finally the price was low enough at 120 euros bargain i think. so to the question.

i heard if i leave the watch on WiFi Auto it connects when out of Bluetooth range, now i get the feeling that it never switch's on unless i have it on always on WiFi, I have check all the boxes no settings missing whats going wrong.was also the same for my gear sport also needed to be always on 

thanks in advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GalaxyUser21
Apprentice
Options
Hi Marty007,

Leave it on Auto, it will only connect to WiFi if it can not connect to you phone via Bluetooth. Now keep in mind that the WiFi settings must have been copied from the phone when you did the initial set up of the pairing.

If I switch off my Bluetooth on the phone or either Gear S2 or Galaxy Watch, the watch will connect to WiFi.
Marty007
Student
Options

thanks for the reply. my watch only connects to wifi when i it on always on. how can i check to see if everything is saved 

0 Likes
Marty007
Student
Options

update. i went next to the router and it connected on auto i think its a mixture between weak router and weak wifi search from the watch. because i don't see any of the other wifi users that i do with my phone. could also be the walls here 

0 Likes
GalaxyUser21
Apprentice
Options
Okay,
I am making an assumption that your phone is a Samsung and not a ios device.

On the watch set WiFi to Auto (on the watch slide a finger from the 12 o'clock position down to enter quick settings, look for the cog (a star with a hole in the center), swipe from right to left if it us not immediately visible.
Slide your finger down the Settings menu (or rotate the bezel) until you get to Connections, then Wi-Fi, now Auto, select it. Press the bottom button (Home) on the right, to take you back to the watch face.
Slide your finger once again down the screen to check the watch status; you should see the battery and the Bluetooth symbols at the very top and the bottom should say 'Connected using Bluetooth'

Now on your phone 📱 slide down the notification shade and unselected Bluetooth (Turn off Bluetooth).

You watch will vibrate and a picture (symbol) of the watch will appear at the 12 o'clock position.
Slide a finger down the watch screen, you will see the words 'Stand alone' at the bottom of the screen.

Now wait about 15 seconds, and your watch will vibrate again, it will then flash the name of the WiFi network. Now when you slide your finger down the watch screen again, it will say at the bottom 'Connected remotely' and at the top left you will see the WiFi symbol.

Hope this helps
0 Likes
GalaxyUser21
Apprentice
Options
Glad to hear that you found a solution
0 Likes