Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch notifications not working

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 08:34 PM)
Nige1
Explorer
Options

My galaxy watch was working a treat however It has suddenly stopped notifying me about text messages, I've just upgraded to the S10+ and it briefly worked okay but now it's missing messages or they come through 10 minutes later or not at all, dumped the watch cache and it worked briefly again,  hard reset worked briefly but then resorts back to missing or late notifications.  What is going on? clearly there is some serious update needed.

19 REPLIES 19
Rugged-82
First Poster
Options

I fixed mine by turning off " Only Receive Notifications While Wearing " option on the phone APP.

Eli85
Explorer
Options
This worked for me thank you.
0 Likes
FGery
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. I haven't changed a thing and suddenly  no notification appears. I read all i found about it, and kept trying for 2 days.

The methode which worked for me :

Deleted galaxy wearable and gakaxy plugin apps. Turned off my phone.

Factory reseted the watch.

Re-Installed every app, at login DONT recover the backupped data!

It seems, the problem originated from the smartPHONE. (its a Pocophone f1, and now it works perfectly)

Maybe something in the plugin.

.:Update after 2 weeks:

2days after a thought i fixed my promlem it went wrong again.

I tried again with some difference. It runs well for 2 weeks.

I cleared every data from Galaxy plugin, and gakaxy wearables apps. Then my watch automatically reseted itself. Then manually allowed every premissions, made them exceptions from barrery saving. Made them run in background and start autoatmatically.

Took some time but it seems fine now.

Note that: The current issue came in pairs with another in my case.

The first sign was that my watch randomly disconnected from my phone. For just a few second but it happened about 5 times a day. Now its gone as well!

Vincent_Vega
Student
Options

Same problem here with a Xiaomi.

In mine I can temporary fix it by disabling bluetooth for 10 seconds and restarting the phone but as soon as it reconnects bluetooth (seems to be an automatic phone feature) the notifications stop coming up.

I have just tried your method. I hope it works now :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

Nockprog
First Poster
Options

@Vincent_Vega wrote:

Same problem here with a Xiaomi.

In mine I can temporary fix it by disabling bluetooth for 10 seconds and restarting the phone but as soon as it reconnects bluetooth (seems to be an automatic phone feature) the notifications stop coming up.

I have just tried your method. I hope it works now :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

Same issue with a Xiaomi ( MI 9 ); after a (watch) factory reset it started working again, then stopped after activating ( and deactivating ) the "goodnight mode", so I guess this is the issue.

I'll try deleting the app from the phone and resetting the watch once again, but using the "do not disturb"mode during the night.

0 Likes
Vincent_Vega
Student
Options

Did you manage to have any useful support from Samsung?

0 Likes
Nockprog
First Poster
Options

@Vincent_Vega wrote:

Did you manage to have any useful support from Samsung?

Didn't contacted them yet; I'll try asap.

0 Likes
Nataliep
First Poster
Options

Thank you for sharing, this worked for me! I have literally tried every thing under the sun. You have made my day!

0 Likes
bluesapphire526
First Poster
Options

This fixed the issue for me. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I've tried different resettings and reset my watch twice; nothing helped until I tried your suggestion. 🙂

@Rugged-82 wrote:

I fixed mine by turning off " Only Receive Notifications While Wearing " option on the phone APP.

0 Likes
madoooXD
First Poster
Options

I deleted the smart watch plugin and reinstalled it then reset the watch and then paired it again with the phone and it works like charm for me 😀

0 Likes