Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch always on display not working

(Topic created on: 22-12-2018 09:04 PM)
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

I have the larger Galaxy Watch. When set to watch always on the display still times out and falls asleep. Confirmed it is set to watch always on both in setting and quick setting screen showing blue dot for always on. Is my watch defective?

Go to solution
77 REPLIES 77
Bertham
Journeyman
Options
THIS post claimed "SOLVED" BUT IT IS NOT SOLVED
0 Likes
SidronPL
First Poster
Options

When the AOD DOES work, so does the exercise and HR sensor. I got The same on my Brand New watch i bought today

0 Likes
The5eagull
Explorer
Options

Hopefully, Samsung will release an update that fixes this problem?

0 Likes
Nimbus
First Poster
Options

I came here looking for an answer to the same problem. AOD didn't work. Lifing my arm would not bring up the display. Only rotating the bezel seemed to work. I didn't see a solution here so I got to digging into the settings and somehow I had turned on "Theater mode". Turned that off and all is now normal. Hope this may help some out there.

Crip2dax
First Poster
Options

This solved my issue, thanks a lot 👍

(référence to turning theatre mode off ) 

0 Likes
cazjck
First Poster
Options

I turned off good night mode and It is workable 

0 Likes
Naes
Apprentice
Options

Try turning off theatre mode.

This is annoying as stops always on working.

Found in settings. 

+Advanced

+Theatre mode.

+OFF

Hope this helps

0 Likes
The5eagull
Explorer
Options

One of the first things I checked was all the settings, I even went into my local EE shop and got the guy in there to check.

Quick update though,  my watch can go for days behaving itself and then I get problems.

I have found that if the AOD is working and then I move the watch from my arm slightly, the AOD turns off. 

I then have to keep adjusting how it sits on my arm before it’ll work again.

I am convinced it has something to do with the sensors and how they sit on your arm.

0 Likes
Klikk
Apprentice
Options

Same here, aod turn off complety dark. Time to sell this ***** and buy a clock width android wear

0 Likes
DBlake
First Poster
Options

Mine did the same after I turned on goodnight mode. Once I turned that feature off it worked fine.