Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 6 notifications????

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 08:10 PM)
Members_SfakOpP
First Poster
Options

I am having real trouble getting notifications through to my new galaxy watch 6! i'm not getting anything from whats app, email, instagram etc... despite all apps having permission set to allow. i do however get notifications from my ring app, had no trouble with my galaxy watch 5, is this a software issue or is there a setting i am missing?

8 REPLIES 8
Dragonreb2
Explorer
Options
Hi there!

I have the galaxy watch 6 classic. By default, various notifications settings are turned off.

You'll want to do two things - 1) Go into Samsung Wearable, select your watch and hit notifications. Ensure they are all set to on.

You'll also want to maybe turn on the setting that says, ping my watch even if my phone is on.

Let me know if any other issues, I can send some screenshot otherwise.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I had this....Providing your settings are right (as per other post) then clearing the cache in recovery solved this for me...it's a bit awkward to do but plenty of YouTube tutorials
Dancingbear101
First Poster
Options
I'm also have the same issue as the original post. Started off with WhatsApp notifications and then none. Really disappointing. It's making me think perhaps I should return the watch as I've followed the advice but still nothing.
0 Likes
Renars
Voyager
Options
I got this problem as well and problem was my tattoos. Go to to ur waych settings>security and privacy > turn of wrist detection and all you notifications will run lika a rocket 🚀 🙂
courtzz
First Poster
Options
Worked straight away
kgingeri
Apprentice
Options

For future reference:

So watch Wear app, check the second and last setting...

Screenshot_20231222_093520_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

Second option settings...

Screenshot_20231222_093533_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

Also,  you may want to check the "Help with notifications" as well. You may see something like this...

Screenshot_20231222_094039_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

0 Likes
Georgiegirl6350
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble finding the setting that says ping my watch even if my phone is on. Would you please send me a screen shot. 

kgingeri
Apprentice
Options

@Georgiegirl6350 there is no such setting.  It's the other way around... 

Look at the first screenshot above and the first "switch" setting.  This is to mute notifications on your Phone if your watch is connected.  Turn that off and you will get notifications on both your phone and watch.  🙂

BTW, that screen/page is found in the Wear app (not system settings) and the second option "Notifications"...WearSettings.jpg

0 Likes