Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 Classic GPS broken after software update

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 04:22 PM)
francobegbie
Journeyman
Options

After updating to the latest watch firmware last night, today when I went for a run it did not track the route. After further investigation, it seems that GPS is now not working at all on my watch. I think this must be due to the software update as it tracked my run perfectly on Tuesday. Is this a common problem?

23 REPLIES 23
guinness
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, since the last update 😐    I found the Wear GPS Fix app and although it's great, the problem is still intermittent and stubborn to resolve.   Using that app, with the watch on  my window sill, I get a GPS fix (Fix: 10+ Found: 10+) within 5 seconds.  

5 minutes later I'll step outside, try again, and it sticks on Fix: 0 Found: 0 and nothing seems to resolve that (closing apps, rebooting etc.).   On returning home, after a few restarts etc. it will fix again - just when I don't need it to!

I bought the watch mainly for running & cycling so this is a major issue for me so I'm considering making the jump to Garmin.  Shame because the watch is great otherwise! 😞

Any other ideas to try??

0 Likes
Sturat1972
First Poster
Options

Google Watch 4, suddenly maps do not appear in Samsung Health app after a work-out. Also GPS light icon flashes, indicating no GPS lock. This all start after I applied September patch.

0 Likes
guinness
Journeyman
Options

Looks like this might have been resolved by 13th October software update I've just applied.  GPS fix is almost instant now.

0 Likes
Volten
Student
Options

Unfortunetly I still face this issue. I have to take out the watch from my wrist and rise it, wait for a minute, 2 or 3 and then gps locks.

Still not acceptable. Before the update everything was working fine. Would be good to have some acknowledge from samsung on this

0 Likes
yasa-1981
Journeyman
Options

The new update (October) did not solve the problem. Samsung do something. I can't use my watch.

0 Likes
Members_V5j0VIQ
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I always used to step outside, select bike or run and it would track me immediately.  This morning I got 40 minutes into my ride before it locked onto GPS.  This makes the watch pointless.  Fix it please Samsung! 

0 Likes
jj43
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a fix to this yet?  Has Samsung done anything to fix this?  Mine used to work fine before the last update and now its completely broke.  I had a few chats with smasung support but no fix.  my watch is worthless now.  used to work perfect and the health app locked gps immediately prior to the update.  now i get nothing.  ive reset the watch twice and it still dont work.  i primarily use it for running and tracking gps on runs and walks.  now its useless and samsung support was worthless trying to help.  Their answer to them breaking my watch with an update is to send it to a repair center.....

francobegbie
Journeyman
Options
I thought I had a fix as outlined above, but it was still prone to losing/not finding signal. Ended up getting a Garmin, and it's much better for running
0 Likes
Guy-T
Student
Options

Same problem. Watch fails to find location. Bought watch to track activity. Used to work fine and now useless. Please publish a fix.

MN8
First Poster
Options

Same for me. I do everything, like reset phone, reinstall apps and...

But the problem exist. I'm so angry 😡