Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit2 Connectivity Issue

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 08:47 PM)
sobh
First Poster
Options

I just got myself the Galaxy Fit2 and downloaded the Galaxy Fit app today (01/11/2020), but noticed there are no options for the Fit2 during setup. The only devices I can choose are Galaxy Fit E, Gear Fit2 Pro, and Gear Fit2. I've tested those, just to be sure, and the app was unable to find anything. I checked the logs for the app itself and it was apparently updated a month ago to support the Galaxy Fit2 yet there's nothing there.

The phone itself (iPhone running iOS 12) finds it perfectly fine under Settings > Bluetooth, but connecting it there gets me nowhere and the app is still unable to find the Fit2 if I try it that way around; all it does is that the Fit2 shows this infinite loading/circle icon but nothing else happens.

Never had any problems paring devices and using Bluetooth, so I'm a bit surprised that the act of merely connecting and setting things up via the app isn't working.

10 REPLIES 10
Oneeyeguy
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem

schase
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem.

I was directed to this forum by the Samsung UK support person with whom I spent 1-1/2 hours in an online chat, with no resolution (he finally gave up). Plus several hours of me tinkering and searching online...

I would like a definitive answer, preferably from a Samsung representative:
Is my Samsung wearable compatible with my mobile phone?

• Galaxy Fit2 (A1E9, model no. SM-R220NZKAEUA, manufacture date 18-Dec-2020)
  • iPhone 6, iOS 12.5.1
  • iPhone app: Samsung Galaxy Fit (Gear Fit) v 2.1.0

Samsung's documentation is vague and confusing, to say the least. The Samsung UK website has no specific information on the compatibility of the Galaxy Fit2, only other models.

I can pair the phone to the Fit2 using the Bluetooth panel from the phone (the phone says it's connected), but from the Fit2 side it still shows an animation asking to pair the two devices. If I try to run the Galaxy Fit app on my phone, the Galaxy Fit2 is not listed as one of the three choices (only Galaxy Fit e, Galaxy Fit2 Pro, and Gear Fit2--although the Galaxy Fit2 is shown as a choice in the Apple App Store description, with support for the Galaxy Fit2 added to the app in v2.0.0 in autumn 2020). I was told by the chat support person to use Gear Fit2. Makes no difference: no matter which model I choose, the app says it doesn't see the Fit2 (after scanning for device, I see the screen 'Your band no...' (not found) with a bunch of useless instructions.

Andres Tarallo
First Poster
Options

Hi!!!

I've tried to pair a brand new Galaxy FIT 2 with both mine and my wife phones, without success. 

• iPhone 6, iOS 12.5.1
  • iPhone SE (1st. Generation), iOS 14.4

In neither case the specific model appears listed on the Samsung App. I can find it on the Bluetooth panel.  It appears that the wearable is only supported on iPhone 7 or Newer.

I would like an official samsung Answer. Also a list of wearables supported for my devices will be nice.

Lucca96
First Poster
Options

Any solutions?? I have the same problem...

Rogzdar
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
schase
Student
Options

My solution is to get rid of the Fit2 (it is not compatible with iPhone 6) and get a Xiaomi Mi Band 5 or 6 (the former can be found at reduced prices as the latter should be available in the UK very soon). I'm now a happy camper with my Mi Band 5...

0 Likes
Laura Nicula
Student
Options

Same problem! 

did anyone get any answer from samsung rep.?

0 Likes
Rogzdar
Apprentice
Options

Yes i got a response from a Samsung rep on my App Store review. Apparently, the Fit2 is only compatible with iPhone 7 or above, regardless of iOS version

Rogzdar
Apprentice
Options

Yes i got a response from a Samsung rep on my App Store review. Apparently, the Fit2 is only compatible with iPhone 7 or above, regardless of iOS version