Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 3 Step sync issues

(Topic created on: 11-04-2024 06:33 PM)
KJ2008
First Poster
Options

Hi, I recently bought a Galaxy Fit 3 and there are issues with step count. Samsung Health doesn't count steps from the band if it's not connected to the phone via Bluetooth. To verify this - 

My step count on the band was 3250 but when I connected to Samsung Health it went down to 3052.

So I disconnected band from the phone and walked 40 steps leaving the phone on a desk. Band step count went to 3091. I connected the band to the phone, synced with Samsung Health and step count went back to 3052 on the band.

Effectively lost 40 steps. This is obviously a glitch because one doesn't always have their phone in the pocket for example at home or office. 

#galaxyfit3 #samsunghealth

43 REPLIES 43
abhi1401
First Poster
Options

I faced the same issue and did the following to solve

1. Turn off the permission for 'physical activity' in the Samsung Health app. This will disallowed the phone sensors to track movement for Samsung Health app.

2. Additional measure - you can turn off the 'Read' Steps tap for Samsung Health app incase data being shared over sync apps like Health Connect 

Doing this the Samsung Health app would should Steps Counts as 'Paused'. However not to worry, once you sync the band via bluetooth each time the app will reflect the band steps.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Sinion
Apprentice
Options

You were right, it was just a temporary solution. The problem as resurfaced after 2 days.

0 Likes
Dobri Dobrev
Journeyman
Options

you were right. It worked for like one week and yesterday, at the end of the day, the Problem just got back.. Are there any working solution yet? Did you tried contacting Samsung Support? Man this is not what I've expected from Samsung.. I'm using their Phones and Stuff for like 10 years or more, not a single Problem until now.

0 Likes
Saloni Laddha
Student
Options

The solution worked for a week and now it's back again 😞

0 Likes
plukas
Pioneer
Options

The best will be to demand an answer directly from Samsung...so far I haven't really discovered any combination of causes that lead to the problem and now I alternately struggle with either the step sync error or the HR sync error.

0 Likes
Members_OG6IShX
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue intermittently.. Usually resetting my phone somehow helps for a couple of days but the issue comes back. Very frustrating, but at least now I know it's not just me

0 Likes
Ahmed98
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as well. I even tried all possible suggested solutions in reddit and samsung community to fix the problem, but not, sometimes for a while

0 Likes
Dobri Dobrev
Journeyman
Options

So, I've tracked the issue and it appears every 6 days.. still can't understand what causes the problem. The reset still helps, but it is realy just a workaround. Has anybody get in contact with samsung support?

0 Likes
Sejamax
First Poster
Options

It's the same issue with my watch. It's like the phone is acting as a storage unit. And master data provider rather than the watch. The phone shouldn't overrides the watches data. 

Why isn't Samsung fixing this problem???? 

0 Likes
Prats44
First Poster
Options

Hi, can confirm , have the same problem.  Can anyone PLS update if a permanent solution is found .

0 Likes