Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds 2 - Lost charging case

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 01:02 AM)
Itsbecki3
First Poster
Options

So I bought this device during Christmas last year for my dad as a gift. He lost one of the buds and the charging case when he was out, but managed to tracked down the bud and got it back. In the meantime however, the case he couldn't find- he's planning to retrace his steps to see if anyone has handed something in.

But what I wanted to know is that if I go through support on Samsung's website can I buy the case itself and have that delivered to me? Because my sister went through the entire process talking to someone and they said someone will have to drop by and take the buds away so they can take it to samsung so they can calibrate the buds to the new case- has anyone gone through that before? I thought you can buy the replacement case and use it as it is... unless it's because it has to be calibrated to the buds to work properly? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I had/have a similar issue, in that i retraced my steps but found pieces of the case. Samsung collected it to repair ???, i guess they will quote a price for a new case.

You can opt for Amazon but reviews suggest very miss than hit, at the moment i use my sons case (to his annoyance) to charge mine so pairing etc sounds like a red herring.

Re: Samsung Buds2 Pro - Need a case - Samsung Community

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Itsbecki3
First Poster
Options

I see, I've seen amazon and ebay selling the charging cases but it seems a bit iffy to me because it sounds too good to be true for it to be genuine.  I don't know how samsung deals with replacement parts when it comes to a customer wanting to buy a replacement charging case. I just need to buy the case itself- so I still don't get why samsung is needing to take the existing buds away. Obviously different brands deals with things differently but I'm not near a Samsung store at all- because if there is one I would go in and enquire about it. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

TMT replied "Warranty void due to customer missuse, Requires - Both buds and cradle.", this was after explaining the Samsung Support and sending a picture of the case wrecked, silly as it no doubt cost Samsung the DPD collect and now return postage and no doubt some plug £ from TMT for the estimate.

All this said under the EU regs "Right of repair", I only need the case, TMT are telling me to pay £170 for buds and case.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Itsbecki3
First Poster
Options

Samsung can be a pain when it comes to warranty. I have spoken to two agents about this issue and one of them wasn't very helpful, the other one was okay and did provide with some information. But when I asked the agent about the price for the replacement case (having to send the buds away so they can recalibrate it) they couldn't tell me how much it'll cost. On the other hand when I asked them about warranty they said it's not covered. However, my sister spoke to one of the agents last week and said that they said because it's under  1 year warranty it shouldn't cost more than £60-£80. But I can't help but think if I'm sending the buds away to get a new case and getting it recalibrated shouldn't cost as much as £60-£80.... like I get it's a case I'm getting but still just seems a lot plus the buds are still fairly brand new too. I've asked them for a customer support number and I'm going to phone up to speak to someone and see how it goes from there. 

Sorry I know it's a bit of a rant. 

Thanks,

Beckie

0 Likes