Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Detection technical documentation

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
CHRISERLING
First Poster
Options

Trying to understand how Fall detection on Watch 6 (or 7) is working.

After several tests, see below my understanding. 

1) basically upon detection, the watch is proposing to CALL the pre-defined emergency number (911,112.. or any number you define (via knox or user)). The location (GPS coordinates) is given via your Txt to speech.. 

2) THEN (and only then the user has called emergency), the watch will "share" that event to the User Emergency contact. This notification is going via SMS and the good news is the SMS is including a google map with the pin/gps.. 

Ideally, I would love to have this SMS going in parallel instead of been After the phone call. I dont see that option in the watch UI. Or alternative, what happened if the user doesnt tap to make that call (ie: person been inconscient ). Looking for a solution not requiring user action on the watch..  so the good compromise is to push the SMS in parallel or first .. SMS going out no matter what action done by user.. and then up to user to tap to get connected to 911..

Would love to hear from the community about Fall Detection, especially in B2B environment.
tx
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CHRISERLING
First Poster
Options

or accessing the gyro/acc event from API instead of the watch UI.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, and welcome to the UK community

Please feed this back via your Samsung members app. Alternatively, if you are based outside of the UK, then please post to your local community where you will receive a more tailored response

https://r2.community.samsung.com/
0 Likes