Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories for steps vs exercise different - which is accurate?

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 06:19 PM)
christyhanson
First Poster
Options

Hi, all. I've been taking long walks on a treadmill using the treadmill exercise on my watch settings. I just walked for about 1.25 hours and took 7889 steps  - it says this burned 379 calories. My cumulative steps for today on the samsung health app says I'm at 8577 steps and burned 331 calories. How does it figure I burn fewer calories with the larger number of steps? Which calories are more accurate? I've read these watches don't figure calories very accurately, but I just need a ballpark of how many calories I burn at the end of a day and I'm not sure how to get this. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Stalkerdenx
First Poster
Options

i think it works out calories burnt by your height ,weight and heart rate....so remember if you loose weight to update the app, now the first time you walked your heart rate might have been slightly higher, maybe you walked at a very slightly higher rate which in turn would mean more calories burned would be higher, even though you might have walked a extra 500 steps it might have been at a slower pace so you burned less over calories,

the watches are not perfect but do give you a nice round ball park figure to work with but once again they are not perfect but can be used to keep track of what your burning overalll,  

0 Likes