Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active2 Watch.- Defect with Fixative and Sealant Used to Fasten Sensor Cover on the Back of the Watch

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 05:06 PM)
Algie42
Explorer
Options

After weeks of chasing Samsung over the separation of the back of my wife's Active2 we have received the following explanation which does not help at all.

"Our service centre and wearable product team have explained that this issue has been experienced by a very small number of customers, but that this has been found in all cases so far to be related to the presence and use of cosmetic products (such as creams, moisturisers, oils, etc.) which affect the adhesive used to attach the sensor glass to the underside of the watch."

This suggests that they have manufactures a wrist watch which cannot be worn around the average human wrist?

The Samsung specification for the Active2 contains:

"35. Galaxy Watch Active2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under the ISO standard 22810:2010. It is not suitable for diving or high-pressure water activities. If the device or your hands are wet, they must be dried thoroughly prior to handling."

No mention of any conventionally used oils or creams?

If you are thinking of purchasing a Samsung Watch you may want to think long and hard before committing £250+ to something so fallible? 

In our case the watch had under 14 months of irregular light use?

I would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced anything like this

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Members_5aFlWes
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes I have the same problem with my 14 month old Galaxy watch and have met with the same denial of accountibility, however I have not given up and had to remind them of their obligations under the Sale of Goods act 2015 which states that goods should be of suitable quality which I am pleased to say has resulted in them offering me 'one off' free repair.

I also had to use the Sales of Goods Act against them as initially they would not accept their own email dispatch confirmation or my credit card statement as proof of purchase.

Admittedly I did have to rant at them on the phone and abandon email communication with their boffins in the Technical Dept to get this outcome.

Algie42
Explorer
Options

Many thanks for your response and, although I am sad to hear of your issues, it is good to know that I am not alone in my battles with Samsung.

I will try to incorporate what you have done into my constant dialogue with Samsung.

Regards

0 Likes