Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active watch 2 counting my steps even during running work out

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 07:59 AM)
gopaulhero90
First Poster
Options

i tried for the first time using my gaw2 to monitor my running workout (usually i use it only during swimming workout and its pretty precise when it comes to detecting the various style of swimming and also the laps). so the gaw2 did a good job on monitoring my running workout, but there is a problem: it also count the steps during the running workout so it doubled the calory that i burnt (he calculated the steps calory and also the running workout calory that i consumed), and it messed up my calories consumption on myfitness pal logging like a 2000 calories burned, when infact i only burned just 600 calories after 55 minutes of running. it added like the steps that he counted while running and it didn't seperate it as a different workout. when i swim obviously it cant calculate the steps so it only logg the calories i burn from swimming and from the regular steps that i normally do while im working on myfitness pal. am i the only one who having this kind of problem? sorry if im not very clear with my explanation, english is not my mother tongue, im italian. thanks in advance for the answers. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
debully
Pioneer
Options
I always disable steps in MFP. I think that's the best and only solution
0 Likes
SM3456
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone found a solution? My galaxy watch 3 never had this issue, but I go and spend £450 on a watch 5 pro and hey presto, no basic functionality included for that price! Turning off auto record doesn't help during the swim
0 Likes