Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE65KS7000 Defective DD/DTS sound from USB source

(Topic created on: 15-10-2017 11:44 AM)
Kunjila
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce 4K HDR videos on my 2016 SUHD TV from an USB source, exclusively. While I can't see no issues with the video, sound reproduction is giving me a lot of headaches. I have a rather old Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround system which is connected to TV via optical output. TV software version installed is 1201.

First of all, TV allways reverts back to PCM as default format, which has been alrerady covered and something I can live with. 

If I want to play a video with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and select Dolby Digital from the expert sound settings, the dialogues (people's voices) are either muffled or barely hearable and sound strange. If I chose DTS NEO 2:5 instead, the sounds seem to be normal...but this is matrixed 2ch sound

If I want to play a video with DTS sound and select DTSl from the expert sound settings, the result is pretty much the same, with the difference that I can't select DTS NEO here, but I have to satisfy with PCM which sounds ok, but I don't want stereo.

Once, I tried to play a video with Dolby TrueHD sound and got a pop-up message on Tv that this sound format is not supported.

In some cases, not just voices are muffled/defective/mute, but also the rest of the sound doesn't seem good!

This issues are not exclusive to 4K videos, same issues with 1080p sources. Does anyone have/had similar issues? I would appreciate your suggestions/comments.

Thanks,

Lovro

0 REPLIES 0