Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50MU6120KXX -Extremely slow Wifi speeds( 1.50 Mbps download vs 128 on my laptop) and invalid mac address errors

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 11:33 AM)
DanielH93
First Poster
Options

So I have used the internet speed test on google for my tv and laptop in the same spot and I get 1.5 Mpbs download on my TV and 128 on my laptop. This comes up in normal use too as Youtube tends to automatically pick lower bit rates like 480p and even then loads extremely slow)

I also sometimes have problem where it cant connect to my wifi with "Invalid mac address" errors, and the way I fix it is by unplugging for about five minutes.

I have the latest software update, has anyone got any insights as to whether I can fix this myself or whether I should contact samsung and see if they will replace it?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DanielH93 wrote:

So I have used the internet speed test on google for my tv and laptop in the same spot and I get 1.5 Mpbs download on my TV and 128 on my laptop. This comes up in normal use too as Youtube tends to automatically pick lower bit rates like 480p and even then loads extremely slow)

I also sometimes have problem where it cant connect to my wifi with "Invalid mac address" errors, and the way I fix it is by unplugging for about five minutes.

I have the latest software update, has anyone got any insights as to whether I can fix this myself or whether I should contact samsung and see if they will replace it?

Hi @DanielH93 , Just checking you have  firmware  1270.3   (though likely as this was released in May), have you tried a factory reset and/or rebooted router  to see if this makes any difference?    .Another idea is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.     

However if no Joy think you would  be best to contact Samsung to see if a resolution, possibly with your permission they could access your set remotely.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes