Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUPID REMOTE NOT WORKING FIXED

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 05:03 AM)
cappi1976
First Poster
Options

I have a 65" curved Samsung TV but with so many having this issue I found my solution which should help others.  I wanted to create a new thread to update.

Okay so I have been struggling for a few years with my remote not working, when I called Best Buy for the warranty it was always it's the remote.  Finally they sent me a remote and it didn't fix it.  The sent someone out, and for the first time in two years the remote started working, litterly 5 minutes before he got there.  So it quit working about a day afterwards.  Of course.  Every now and then it starts working and I worked through different websites and solutions with no help.  So here we go....

SYMPTOMS: REMOTE POWER WORKS BUT OTHER BUTTONS GIVE NOT AVAILABLE MESSAGE.  INTERNET SOMETIMES WORKS.

TESTING: See if the remote power button works.  Now press button and look at sensor on bottom of TV should flash red.  So this verified my remote works and the TV is not recognizing the signal.  

-Next...I'm thinking software issue so I checked for updates and found the newest one, did that and didn't work.  Reset TV to factory. TIP: Oh I used a wired keyboard on the remote hub thing to help navigate the menus.  The F6 button helps.

-Next look on the internet, no help except for one...WIFI CARD...like I said I had internet some days and some days not, sometimes it was both not working other times it would be one or the other.

- Watched videos how to access card because I wanted the part number to order one.  Mine was a big TV and used snaps, I just used a credit card and butter knife.  I also put pillows down when I had to lay it on the face.  Anyways...I found the WIFI / Bluetooth (what controls the remote) card and then I followed the connections...THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM WAS.  My connector wasn't pushed in all the way, one of the corners, not sure if it worked itself loose or what but it wasn't pushed in.

- So I pushed in the connector and I am 99% sure it was the problem.  So I taped everything down, because everything looked loose and I didn't want other cables coming loose.  I made sure to give the WI FI cable a little more love.  

- Set it all back up and everything is like magic...So I am pretty sure this was my fix...granted it was my last resort.  I now have internet and a remote that is working again...YAY...It seems as if my TV is brand new again...

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0