Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update using Mac OS?

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 04:43 PM)
TomCyn
First Poster
Options

I want to perform a software update on my Smart TV via USB, but find that I can only do it via a PC! I only have a Mac. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TomCyn wrote:

I want to perform a software update on my Smart TV via USB, but find that I can only do it via a PC! I only have a Mac. Any suggestions?

Hi @TomCyn  can you list your model no, often nowadays there are two firmware files -   one for Windows and one for all operating systems.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MattI6
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with the T5300 - there are only Windows files and non for the Mac. My tv is crashing every time I use it so I'm really keen to sort it out ASAP otherwise will be forced to return because it's faulty. Thanks

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MattI6 wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue with the T5300 - there are only Windows files and non for the Mac. My tv is crashing every time I use it so I'm really keen to sort it out ASAP otherwise will be forced to return because it's faulty. Thanks

Hi @MattI6   I think this is your model https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32T5300AKXXU/ 

The windows file is listed twice, the 2nd one may actually be be an error and for all operating systems, can you try it to see if it works (assuming you do not have  1113.8)    Have you tried factory reset, switching off at mains for 5 minutes?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MattI6
Apprentice
Options
Hi James, I was on 1081, managed to borrow a windows laptop and update to the latest version. Still crashes though. Have also tried a factory reset. I purchased the Tv from John Lewis. Thanks
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi@ , Can you run a picture test and see if that shows up an issue   Settings - Support -Self Diagnosis -Picture Test

May well be a problem with the set, assuming connections fine.

Information on Samsung support is here, they are offering pick up services   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/tv-av/  or you could contact John Lewis, depending on their situation at the moment.

MattI6
Apprentice
Options
Thanks James, I ran a picture test and it didn’t highlight any issues. Tv still crashing frequently. I contacted John Lewis a week ago and still no reply. Will try the link you provided.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MattI6 wrote:
Thanks James, I ran a picture test and it didn’t highlight any issues. Tv still crashing frequently. I contacted John Lewis a week ago and still no reply. Will try the link you provided.

Hi Matt,  ok thanks for letting us know.   Hopefully you managed to get something sorted.

0 Likes
MattI6
Apprentice
Options
Spoke to John Lewis and they said I’m just out of the 30 day returns window. They asked if Samsung could provide an authorisation (uplift) number? Thanks
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MattI6  I would suggest you get in touch with Samsung Support, either online or by phone   (though still operating a reduced service at the moment but they are available Monday-Sunday)

Phone Number is 0333 000 0333

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes