Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV (7 series) "No Signal" when computer is connected via HDMI

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 03:03 PM)
Michael118
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am trying to connect my desktop computer via an HDMI cable to my new Sumsung Smart TV (7 series, TU7100 model).

It says "No Signal" on the TV screen on both HDMI inputs.

Details and stuff I tried to fix it/isolate the probelm:

1. The computer recognizes the TV. It recognizes it is a Samsung TV and the resolution.

2. The computer works with a different TV (Panasonic) via the HDMI cable.

3. A different HDMI cable didn't help.

4. I tried to connect a different computer (this time a laptop), didn't work as well.

5. Tried to disconnect the TV from the power (for >10 minutes), then plugged it back in and tried to connect everything in different order each time.

6. The HDMI input works when a digital television adapter (local channels) connected to it.

7. I updated the TV software/firmware through the settings page.

8. Both of my computer run Windows 10. My desktop is using a GeForce 1050 graphics card and my laptop is using a AMD Radeon graphics card.

All of the above makes me think it some software problem in the TV. The HDMI itself works, including the cable, and both computers work with another (Panasonic) TV.

However I couldn't solve it.

It is extremely frustrating as this is my main use case for the TV and it is a newly bought TV set which I received today.

Thanks a lot,

Michael.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
horvoje
First Poster
Options

I have the same *****!!!

0 Likes
vaneess
First Poster
Options

have you tried to disable the "input settings plus" in

settings > general > external device manager

0 Likes
RPS1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem that just started. Was working fine. Any solutions?

0 Likes
PaulP57
First Poster
Options

I spent a hour trying to get my Asus laptop (Nvidia GTX 1060) to connect to my 2018 Samsung Q9 using HDMI.

The Laptop screen went black and TV cycled between black screen and "no input".

Traced it to the HDMI port on the Samsung smarthub being set to "HDMI UHD Color" enabled. You can enable/disable it

on each port "Settings -> General -> External Device Manager -> HDMI UHD Color".

(I think this is the same as vaness described above).

I did try wireless casting to the screen and it works ok for playing video however for gaming the response is not good enough - unless you have really fast wi-fi maybe.

With the correct setting the laptop displays fine at 3840 x 2160p.

brian54
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem did you find a fix?

0 Likes
Big Moose
First Poster
Options

Had this issue with Input Plus which caused the loss of signal. Seems like the TV keeps the SDR settings on that HDMI port, and restarting my PC or TV won’t help. Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable helps with the connection to be re-detected as HDR. Hope this helps.

0 Likes