Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 18-03-2017 01:59 PM)
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

my universal remote "rmcspk1ap1" has recently stopped working in the voice control.

no matter what you command it instantly comes up with "I did not recognise what you said".

everything else with the remote works fine, I have replaced the batteries etc but still no luck 

any help appreciated 

thanks 

116 REPLIES 116
AntS
Options

Thanks @sakib357. Contact details for the UK Support teams are here. Phoning them on 0330 726 7864 when you're with your TV is best, but there's also the options of Live Chat and email that the TV Support team directly handle too.

0 Likes
Decoyman
First Poster
Options

I have the UN65KS9800. The smart remote will recognize my voice to change volume but won’t recgnize a search on YouTube anymore. As I say the words it is being typed on the screen but then the prompt “ I couldn’t understand what you said” comes up? 

0 Likes
Tyler1947
First Poster
Options

I had same problem...Mic stopped recognizing voice commands...

Went into settings and scrolled downed to General to check software version...Lastest version then down loaded and once completed mic was up and activated again...Hope this helps..

David58
First Poster
Options

Still not working after unplugging. Problem started after last tv software update ~12-1

0 Likes
Nytron
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my brand new 2017 75" MU8000 purchased from Costco.

Remote voice control completely stopped working overnight. TV also ocassionally fails to boot and enters a reboot loop for several minutes. Tried different power sources and using a high end power conditioner.

0 Likes
AnnMcCannon
Apprentice
Options

I’m having the same problem.  Worked fine for about 3 days

AnnMcCannon
Apprentice
Options
Didn’t work for me. 😞
SoSausy
Student
Options

Tired of spending silly amounts of money on tech that isn't reliable.  Voice commands on my remote rarely work.  I have, not just one, TWO, 65" Curves (both UN65KS8500, software T-JZMAKUC-1207.2, BT-S).

I typically only use the remote's voice command to quickly navigate to a specific Setting;  usually ECO SOLUTION (to adjust brightness depending what I'm watching at night) or AUDIO DELAY (to adjust the obnoxious delay that sometimes occurs with my amp / speakers, depending on the TV app in use, or if i stupidly rewound something and goofed up the audio/video sync).  If i don't use the voice command, it takes (oh, i certainly counted) 20 remote button clicks to get to my desired ECO SOLUTION setting.

Waiting for my Samsung service call tomorrow.  Can't wait until they tell me to reset my tv to default...

Lowdownelf
Student
Options

Set up 55" 4K UHD TV  from Costco on Sat and the voice interaction feature stopped working last night. Basically only worked for 3 days. Unplugged TV from outlet and still doesn't work.

This really sucks. We spent the extra money for the smart remote feature so we wouldn't need to use more remotes. Now we have to use the cable remote to change channels. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Lowdownelf
Student
Options
I'll add that we have a fiber optic cable that is running at optimum speed. THAT is not the problem.
0 Likes